The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Unread 02-13-2009, 05:52 PM   #16
HoDeDo
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Bobby View Post
Isn't this to recognize the TEAM of the year?

Playing devil's advocate here:
If we want to break it down to cook of the year, then wouldn't we need to know who cooked what at each event regardless of which team name they under OR even what team they were on?

Unless the cook (whose number is provided) is the one cooking each catagory for all teams they are participating on ... I don't see why that individual should be able to collect the points under different team names.

I just see a whole big can of worms being created instead of solved. Say someone who cooks under 3 different team names was to win TOY ... Which team does KCBS list as the winner?

Edit: I don't mean to insinuate that the people in this discussion are benefiting from cooking on multiple teams, but it's highly likely that others out there would.
I think that is the question at hand right? Why change to track points by Member number? and yes, you could go so granular as to do member # by catagory... where does it stop?

That is why the question is out there. Just want to know the rules - since by default, my member number could be on at least two teams. Heck one year I had 4 teams.... My neighbor (who now cooks as We like Big Butts), and our buddies cooked Cameron a couple years ago as "Bachelor Que" for his bachelor party.... and Wayne, Rick, Bob, Bob, and I cooked Bellevue as the HoDeSparkleHeads for 3 or 4 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
I see your point. But to play devils advocate. You could use it by Team name. then how do you reward someone that let's say cooks as BBQ Brethren? There is a California chapter, a Florida Chapter and a Mofo Chapter, et al..... With multiple different head cooks?
Great point. I know we have had at least 3 or 4 iterations of the brethren.com team, and ofcourse Phil has the Brothers in Smoke... but could also be the head cook on the brethren.com team too...

Interesting stuff. Again, I was fine just have my points parsed out and spread all over, as in past years, but the new tracking by member number does open up for some different interpretations.

It will be great to see what we hear back as Merl digs into it for us.
Unread 02-13-2009, 06:37 PM   #17
LindaM
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Just my 2 cents now.

The main reason for the change is because of the errors in this years TOY. Names keyed into the program differently created several listings that should have been one team.

Unless the rep knows the team and travels contest to contest with them, they may not spell it the same as another rep. Ex. Purple Turtle Catering Company on some organizers forms, on others it is The Purple Turtle Catering Co. -2 different teams unless we have a way to track them. The new program allows for the membership number but I do like the team number idea, register your team and get a number, however, I am not sure our database is built to handle that. Maybe some changes down the road.

You see where this is going?

Now I say register your team and get a number, do you think the majority will....NOT
I oversaw the elections and after 6 months of asking for corrections of emails in the Bullsheet over 100 emails were wrong and we are still missing over 2000 email addresses.
With 4000 cooks, how many will register, 500?

Keep the ideas coming in, maybe we can come up with a solution.

Thanks
Linda
LindaM is offline   Reply With Quote