I am thinking of Competing in some KC contests this year.

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I am thinking of Competing in some KC contests this year. I have been bouncing around several ideas. Here they are:

1) Grin and bear the drive and get there and do the contest.

2) Take the train to KC and hook up with another team that has all the equipment.

2) Take the train to KC and have rental vehicle prearranged loner equipment and do the contest.

I don't mine the drive exactly but Amtrak has 52.00 round trip tickets. I can spend more than that one way.. What do you think

Depends on how many you are thinking about doing. Myself I would try to do drag my stuff over there at least once.

I know Brett knows some people in KC, maybe both of you can hook up and do it together.

Which conests are you looking at doing?$ We are starting to get quite a few around here.

Depends on how many you are thinking about doing. Myself I would try to do drag my stuff over there at least once.

I know Brett knows some people in KC, maybe both of you can hook up and do it together.

Which conests are you looking at doing?$ We are starting to get quite a few around here.

My Team is doing Mills this year barring any unforeseen issues :roll: I think Washington is the week before but several team member cant make it. I am think June and July right now.

I find it much easier to fly into the contest. :cool:

I myself like cooking with my own geer. I know it, I can trust it and I feel better about it.

I'm with Bill. It is only a 3 hour drive and could be shorter depending on where the comp is.

I would hate to pay the costs of a competition and then cook on equipment I had never used before, I would have to drive and use my stuff.

I'd rather cook on my stuff too. But then I wouldn't get to compete in contests in Utah, Arizona, Calfornia and who knows where else. If you cook at 250, doesn't matter the pit. As 250 is the same in them all....

Go for a challenge. It's worth it. You also get to meet a whole bunch of new folks too.

Ashmont, we have a couple competitions down here this year if you are interested. It is prolly more like a 4 hour drive but would sure like to have you here.

I'd rather cook on my stuff too. But then I wouldn't get to compete in contests in Utah, Arizona, Calfornia and who knows where else. If you cook at 250, doesn't matter the pit. As 250 is the same in them all....

Go for a challenge. It's worth it. You also get to meet a whole bunch of new folks too.

But he's only 3 hours drive.

Ashmont, you can use my WSM and a FEC if you like,,,,,you are a great brother, I would never have a problem with that.

I find it much easier to fly into the contest. :cool:

He is from St. Louis, Mo.???

Do you shoot him by cannon or via jet to Chicago with a transfer? Lol...(No offence intended)

Go for it and take your own equipment...

Flew into KC and borrowed all equipment for AR.. been there and done it ...there is no place like (your)(home)own...

Take the ride and do your comps..

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

In the NE 3 to 6 hr is the norm...with a few in CT 20 to 40 mins away!

Back