Have yourself a meaty little Christmas...

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What a better way to say Merry Christmas than with red meat? :-D

IMG_4952.jpg

A local grocery store had boneless rib roasts for $3.99/lb, but they had a limit of two per customer, so I bought the biggest two I could find. One was just over 7 lbs and the other was 7 even. I cut each one in half (three pounds of beef is more than enough for my wife, daughter and I), vac-u-sucked then and put them in he freezer for another day.

What a better way to say Merry Christmas than with red meat? :-D

IMG_4952.jpg

A local grocery store had boneless rib roasts for $3.99/lb, but they had a limit of two per customer, so I bought the biggest two I could find. One was just over 7 lbs and the other was 7 even. I cut each one in half (three pounds of beef is more than enough for my wife, daughter and I), vac-u-sucked then and put them in he freezer for another day.

Now send the wife in to get two more....

What store did you get that deal at? Might be worth a road trip. Nothin says Christmas like meat.:icon_cool

What Store?

Ron - can I ask what grocery store? I'm in Ohio so I know we are not "nearby" but I have been looking for prime rib less than the going rate (8.99-9.99lb) as I need a big chunk for News Years day din-din that I cook every year.

3.99 is a really good price that we never see around here.

Thanks!

Not to one up ya.... but...... I've got a store near me that has whole ribeye loins (which is what that looks like) for $2.99/lb. on a regular basis. The only thing is you must by the whole loin which usually runs around 20-25 lbs. I have them cut it into 1" thick steaks most of the time than vac pac. I'll have to have a couple of 3-4 lb. roasts cut next time. Thanks RonL. Merry Christmas meat my brother.

I'm sure Santa would rather have some red meat than more milk and cookies.

Ron - can I ask what grocery store? I'm in Ohio so I know we are not "nearby" but I have been looking for prime rib less than the going rate (8.99-9.99lb) as I need a big chunk for News Years day din-din that I cook every year.

3.99 is a really good price that we never see around here.

Thanks!

Look ar post #6. Caputo's Fresh Market

Not to one up ya.... but...... I've got a store near me that has whole ribeye loins (which is what that looks like) for $2.99/lb. on a regular basis. The only thing is you must by the whole loin which usually runs around 20-25 lbs. I have them cut it into 1" thick steaks most of the time than vac pac. I'll have to have a couple of 3-4 lb. roasts cut next time. Thanks RonL. Merry Christmas meat my brother.

That's a deal, Neil (hey! That rhymes! :rolleyes:). I'd grad one of those bad boys and have a bunch of steaks and two or three roasts.

Meaty Christmas to you, too!

Back