The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:33 PM   #1
qdoug
Found some matches.

Default moink balls

what temp and how long to cook? TIA doug
qdoug is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2008, 10:42 PM   #2
MilitantSquatter

Since the meatballs MUSTbe pre-cooked by definition to be an official MOINKBALL, it's only the bacon you'd need to concern yourself with..

Time would depend on temp.. For bacon, I'd rather gage on color and crispness and probably cook at a slightly higher temp
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2008, 10:43 PM   #3
N8man
Babbling Farker

I Smoke Mine @ 250* for 1.5 Hours then Sauce and Back In the Pit for 30-45 minutes until the sauce sets up...

How I Fire Up That Ugly DrumPit Smoker!!!!
N8man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2008, 07:29 AM   #4
h20loo
is one Smokin' Farker

I mix up my own hamburger (we have cattle) and wrap the meatballs raw with thin sliced bacon and sprinkle with rub. I let them chug along at 250 for about an hour and start watching for the bacon to cook to less than crisp. Half the moinks I sauce with a chipotle/beer/molasses and rub mix and the other half I do with a grapejelly/apple juice and a little brown sugar. I usually bump the heat to 300 and let them carmalize and then serve them in a bowl with the sauce in the bottom layer. I have pictures but I can't link the camera to my computer. The experienced moink eaters learn quickly to dig to the bottom for the heavy sauce. Nothing I like better than when I take some of my cooking to a potluck and it kicks the arse of the women who pride themselves on being good cooks. LOL
h20loo is offline   Reply With Quote