That time of year again TAMALE PRON

JediDog

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Well guys sorry if this ain't a BBQ thread, but nontheless it's that time of year when the weather starts to get cold, and you get that hunger for some nice hot tamales. Here are some of our famous Strawberry sweet tamales .. Enjoy I sure did :eek::mrgreen:

PICT0226.jpg

You had me at tamale. But I have no idea what a strawberry sweet tamale is? Care to share -- those look great.

Yeah sweet tamales are just like a traditional tamale ,but without the meat, and sugar is added. Usually they are of pineapple and coconut, but these are the strawberry variation. :mrgreen:

When the weather gets cold here we get hungry for ham and beans with cornbread and fried taters. Just a regional thing I guess.

Our tamales are about 3 weeks away. Green, red and whatever else we can find to stuff them with........cheese and Hatch chile, brisket, butt, are a few of the stuffings we use. NEVER, tried strawberry for the sweet variety, but I love the look of those. Can you share a bit of the recipe?

Well guys sorry if this ain't a BBQ thread, but nontheless it's that time of year when the weather starts to get cold, and you get that hunger for some nice hot tamales. Here are some of our famous Strawberry sweet tamales .. Enjoy I sure did

Dude, them look great. Did you just make the masa like normal and then add a puree? I got some tamale making in my near future and I will have to set some masa aside and try something like that.

Made lots of tamales out of just about any kind of wildlife you can - pork, beef, chicken, elk, moose, boar, wild turkey, venison, bison, caribou, mountain goat, goat, lamb, duck, dove, rabbit that I can think of. But never strawberry. It intrigues me.

Dude, them look great. Did you just make the masa like normal and then add a puree? I got some tamale making in my near future and I will have to set some masa aside and try something like that.

Yeah bro, you would make it like you would a regular sweet tamale, but add the strawberry puree to it. Let me know how yours turn out.

Hey Bob I hear ya on that .

I agree, those look delicious. I too would love to see your recipe and technique. It's tamale time in west Texas now, too. Can't find pork butts anywhere!
Paperboy98

I love Tamales and we have plenty to choose from down here in SoCal. I have not seen a Strawberry tamale and I think I will have to give that a try.

What is the stuffing or is there a stuffing. I can see the raisons. Is there anything else???

mick

Back