The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Unread 11-06-2008, 03:01 PM   #16
jminion
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hey Phillip
Did you sign the petition to not allow a husband and wife serve on the Board together?

It should be interesting how the Board will try to handle this one. I have to think it is going to take a By-Law change to make it happen, but should be interesting. LOL
WSM
Primos
Klose
couple of Ranch kettles
jminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #17
Bentley
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jminion View Post
Hey Phillip
Did you sign the petition to not allow a husband and wife serve on the Board together?
Was this the Nepotism one?

Folks need to use Dictonary.com more often...Wonder where that thread went, I was the last to post on it. Hey Grand Pooba, can my handle be changed to ThreadKiller?
Certified Master Judge #5382

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 03:28 PM   #18
Diva
is one Smokin' Farker

Piqued curiosity....where/with whom did this petition originate?

Since it's being put out there, may as well go all the way.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 03:33 PM   #19
Solidkick
somebody shut me the fark up.

ThreadKiller
is One Chatty Farker

OK........now back on topic!!

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 05:55 PM   #20
arlieque
Full Fledged Farker

Grand Pooba call me tonight if you get a chance! You know the number!
arlieque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 06:02 PM   #21
arlieque
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jminion View Post
Hey Phillip

It should be interesting how the Board will try to handle this one. I have to think it is going to take a By-Law change to make it happen, but should be interesting. LOL
Your right Jim, it will take a By-Law change. It is clear to most people what is going on here, a few from Tennessee and Alabama have been on the hunt for over a year with this Nepotism that they dont even know the meaning of. Would it be kinda funny if they continue to slander someone and get a lawsuit against them. LOL Maybe that is why they are chicken to name names on the forum?

Last edited by arlieque; 11-06-2008 at 07:17 PM..
Unread 11-06-2008, 07:54 PM   #22
jminion
is one Smokin' Farker

Steph
The post above was just an example of how some like to play the game, make a statement don't support it with any facts and let it take on a life of it's own.

Phillip
If you want honesty then be honest and gives the reasons and facts that you suggest in your post, let us see that your post is more than just playing the game.
WSM
Primos
Klose
couple of Ranch kettles
jminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #23
arlieque
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post

Still waiting on the answer to this one. I hear it has been received by KCBS, guess we will see in the minutes who started it?
Unread 11-07-2008, 07:42 AM   #24
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post

I was asked to sign it right after judging at The Jack so I can tell you that it exists. I was told they hoped to get 1,000 signatures. When I suggested it was all about Merl it became a little testy and that just wasn't the time or place so we let it go.

So how many signatures of the 10,000 members are on this petition?
drbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2008, 07:47 AM   #25
CaptTable
Full Fledged Farker

You want honesty? Okay. Yes, I signed the petition. I expressed my feelings against husbands/wives, parents/children, brothers/sisters, etc. serving together last year when Carol announced she was running for the board.

Was it because of Carol? NO! I would feel the same way if Theresa Lake, Maria Lohman, Jan Black, Debbie Harwell, or Vickie Ownby were to run. Heck, I would have been against Momma Dean Stone running if Tony was still on the board and I love her to death! The ONLY ones I would NEVER have been against would have been Carolyn and Gary Wells. They were FOUNDERS!

As long as KCBS allows it, I will always be against it. If anyone else feels the opposite, then that is their prerogative. And Iím not saying they are wrong, I just differ.

Now, back on the original topic of this thread. As I stated in my opening post, I feel it is very important for Board members to be able to work together for the betterment of our organization. Not that they can't disagree on matters, but channel these differences of opinions into a workable solution. I had heard RUMORS, R-U-M-O-R-S, that a, or some, board members have threatened other board members with a lawsuit(s) in regards to board business. Since I have never been to a board meeting to actually hear this in person, I am using this question to verify or shoot down what I have heard.

I am not asking for any explanations, just a yes or no answer to help ME decide my votes. Other people have asked questions of the candidates that would help them with their decisions, why canít I.

Two candidates had NO problem answering the question and did not even balk or question why I asked it. And to be honest, as you asked me to, NO candidate has questioned it, just people who I really donít need to answer to, but I did.

Phillip
CaptTable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2008, 07:55 AM   #26
Sledneck
Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTable View Post
You want honesty? Okay. Yes, I signed the petition. I expressed my feelings against husbands/wives, parents/children, brothers/sisters, etc. serving together last year when Carol announced she was running for the board.

Was it because of Carol? NO! I would feel the same way if Theresa Lake, Maria Lohman, Jan Black, Debbie Harwell, or Vickie Ownby were to run. Heck, I would have been against Momma Dean Stone running if Tony was still on the board and I love her to death! The ONLY ones I would NEVER have been against would have been Carolyn and Gary Wells. They were FOUNDERS!

As long as KCBS allows it, I will always be against it. If anyone else feels the opposite, then that is their prerogative. And Iím not saying they are wrong, I just differ.

Now, back on the original topic of this thread. As I stated in my opening post, I feel it is very important for Board members to be able to work together for the betterment of our organization. Not that they can't disagree on matters, but channel these differences of opinions into a workable solution. I had heard RUMORS, R-U-M-O-R-S, that a, or some, board members have threatened other board members with a lawsuit(s) in regards to board business. Since I have never been to a board meeting to actually hear this in person, I am using this question to verify or shoot down what I have heard.

I am not asking for any explanations, just a yes or no answer to help ME decide my votes. Other people have asked questions of the candidates that would help them with their decisions, why canít I.

Two candidates had NO problem answering the question and did not even balk or question why I asked it. And to be honest, as you asked me to, NO candidate has questioned it, just people who I really donít need to answer to, but I did.

Phillip
Why are you against family member/spouse etc serving together on a BOD?
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2008, 07:58 AM   #27
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

But this is America and the court system is a right that we have so why would this be perceived as a reason people couldn't work together for the betterment of our organization?

I'm also waiting for answers to my questions from all the board members. I've heard rumors that some have targeted other board members and I've heard rumors that some have gone above and beyond to help some old friends.

Last edited by drbbq; 11-07-2008 at 08:50 AM..
drbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2008, 08:04 AM   #28
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

Phillip Brother It seems clear you have decided who your voting for
This just not come off as a real question

Team BBQ Thom.com
Kyle Emery Head Cook
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2008, 08:45 AM   #29
CaptTable
Full Fledged Farker

Slednick,
I just feel with an organization as large as ours, we could be better served with a broader representation. Heck, I would like to see Regional representation. Remember, I'm not saying it is wrong, I just don't like it. Apparently, I am in the minority, but that doesn't mean I have to conform.

Ray,
Good questions and I hope you get the answers you are seeking. And you are correct, the court system is one of our rights. But, I just don't believe that it should be a "tool" to get your way during board proceedings. IF THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED! I don't know that it has happened, but I thought this would be a way of finding out the truth!

Thom,
Yes, I have made some decisions, but not all. As I said, I have only heard rumors, so I want to hear the answers before I make my final decisions.
CaptTable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #30
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 4

IMO, If a member of ANY board is behaving in a way that would leave them open for a lawsuit, then they are risking the integrity of the board itself. If it takes another board member threatening to use the law to enforce the law, then so be it.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote