The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:31 PM   #1
Trunks
Full Fledged Farker

Default Pork chop brine ?

Can anyone help me with a good brine for a full rack of pork chop?

Thanks as always , you guys always help a brethren out
Trunks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2015, 09:49 PM   #2
krex1010
is One Chatty Farker

My basic brine recipe is for a half gallon of water I dissolve 1/3 cup kosher salt and 1/4 cup brown sugar. I heat it just enough to dissolve the salt and sugar. As for spices, add whatever you want, tyme, rosemary, sage, fresh garlic, some lemon slices.....anything that goes well with pork.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:23 AM   #3
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

I use a brine by thirdeye from his blog 4 cups H2O 2 T kosher salt, 2 Tand then I add some honey Verey nice
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2015, 07:08 AM   #4
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

How long to brine depends on the size and type of meat you've got. Larger meats like a whole turkey require much more time for the brine to do its thing. Small pieces of seafood like shrimp shouldn't sit in a brine for more than half an hour. In fact, any meat that's brined for too long will dry out and start to taste salty as the salt ends up pulling liquid out of the muscle fibers. (Be sure not to brine meats that have already been brined before you buy them, such as "extra-tender" pork, which has been treated with sodium phosphate and water to make it juicier.)

Brined Pork Loin

Based on a 3-pound chunk of pork loin

1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup kosher salt
4 garlic cloves, smashed
1 small onion sliced
1 orange, sliced
1 Tablespoon coriander seeds
2 Tablespoons black peppercorns
1 teaspoon of fennel seed (optional)
4 cups water
4 cups ice
1 Tablespoons dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

using medium-high heat toast coriander and fennel seeds (if using) in the pot for about 6 seconds or until you can smell them. Add Rosemary and thyme and lightly toss for 20 seconds then add 4 cups water, brown sugar, salt, garlic cloves, onions, sliced orange, peppercorns, and water. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil then turn off.

Stir until sugar and salt are dissolved. set aside and allow to cool to room temperature. Pour ice into the brine and stir well and move to refrigerator until the brine is about 38 degrees.

Place the pork loin in a large zip-top bag and then place the bag in a bowl. Pour the brine over the pork. Put the pork in the refrigerator for 24 hours, you can brine larger pieces for up to 36 to 48 hours but use caution with extended brine times.

Remove from brine and let dry briefly in the refrigerator to form a pellicle before smoking.

Brining Instructions using Game Changer Brine
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...44&postcount=1
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->