|Our HomePage||Recipes||Smoke Signals Magazine||Welocme||Merchandise||Associations||Purchase Subscription||Brethren Banners|
|For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.|
|09-08-2008, 10:42 PM||#1|
Grand Poobah and Site Admin
Join Date: 08-11-03
Location: Long Island, NY
Sept BOD Agenda
I. Auditor’s Report A report from the auditor concerning the 2007 Audit, Management Letter and KCBS response to Management Letter.
Kansas City Barbeque Society
Board of Director’s Meeting
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
II. Approval of Minutes from August Meeting
III. Director of Operations Report
· Financial Reports
· A review of any issues concerning past contests.
· Sanction Report
· License Requests
· Review of Sanctioning Document for 2009.
VI. Committee Reports:
· Finance Committee Report:
· A review of the budget based on revenues and expenses that have been realized for the first seven months of the year, and updated projections for the balance of the year.
· A review of the adoption of a 401K plan for employees.
· New Ideas/ Nominating Committee:
· A review of the election schedule. The list of Candidates will be published on November 1, 2009.
· Consideration of violation of Board policy for Board members conduct during elections and review of Board policies.
· Rep. Committee:
· Report on the Rep tests completed.
· Discussion concerning the use of the Rep Committee Yahoo Group.
· Discussion over the use of KCBS critiques
· Rules Committee: No Report
· CBJ Committee: No Report
· Education Committee: No Report
· Team of the Year posting on Web Site
· Tour Report
· MMA Report
· Technology Committee:
· Assistance with the Contest Rep Yahoo Group. Acquisition of KCBSREPS domain.
· Team of the Year calculations and KCBS Web Site
· Preparation for electronic voting for 2009 Election.
· Review of KCBS Office technology and system security and backup systems.
VII. Old Business:
· Clinton Foundation Licensing agreement
VIII. New Business:
· KCBS’s Relationship with Jack Daniel’s Invitational and possible sanctioning of that event.
· Discussion of immediate budget adjustment to prevent operating losses.
· Organizer compliance with Sanction Agreements
1. Many Contest only paying to 3rd Place
IX. Executive Session called by Mike Lake
· Executive session is called to discuss issues concerning employees, contractors or other personnel matters. Any action taken by the board must be voted in open meeting.
X. Other: Any other matter that may come before the board
Site Administrator and
CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "
You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy
Smoke on KC.
|09-11-2008, 08:43 PM||#2|
Full Fledged Farker
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Tulsa, Ok
Quick Notes from the Board Room
September 10, 2008
Jennifer Palmer introduced Karen Walker , who will be the volunteer and contest coordinator and Kelly Cain who is in charge of special projects. The Board is very pleased to welcome them into the KCBS family.
The Board approved the sanctioning agreements for 2009 contest. The Board removed the logo requirement which required organizers to use the official KCBS logo on all contest materials, including but not limited to: promotional items, advertisements, banners, signage, t-shirts and all other contest materials produced after sanctioning has been approved by KCBS.
The Board approved the adoption of a 401k plan thru Axcet with no contributions from KCBS, for employees of KCBS.
The Board discussed that the election nominations will begin on October 1, 2008 and end on October 31, 2008. Nominations (self nominations are acceptable.) must include the candidate’s name, address, phone number and e-mail address. Please send nominations to email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org. The list of candidates which accept nomination will be posted on November 1, 2008, on the KCBS web site.
The Board modified the use of Contestant Critiques which currently required every team to be provided a critique. Remember, any team which desires to complete a critique may download a critique from the web and return to KCBS by e-mail, fax or postal mail.
MMA, Marketing committee and Technology committee continue to work on the TOY standings and posting of standings on the KCBS website.
The Peters have only 6 contests remaining on the Tour. The Board appreciates the services provided by the Peters and the Polands in conducting the 2008 Tour.
The Board requested Carolyn Wells, to negotiate an agreement with the Jack Daniels World Invitational BBQ Contest in order to solidify our position with the contest.
* These are not the official minutes of the meeting. Quick Notes are simply provided as an effort to give members a quick summary of the KCBS Board of Directors meeting.
Merl Whitebook, Secretary.
|09-11-2008, 11:50 PM||#3|
Full Fledged Farker
Join Date: 08-11-04
Location: Mt. Juliet, TN
What about a Financial Report? If we have so much money then why did you guys need to take about adjustments?
|09-12-2008, 01:20 PM||#4|
is one Smokin' Farker
Join Date: 10-14-07
Location: Arlington, Nebraska
QUOTE: The Board modified the use of Contestant Critiques which currently required every team to be provided a critique. Remember, any team which desires to complete a critique may download a critique from the web and return to KCBS by e-mail, fax or postal mail.
Merl, is this immediately effective? Were asked to make an effort towards a "Greener Event"...elimination of un required print materials can be part of that. Let me know
Corduroy Pillows are Making Headlines
Operation BBQ for our Troops- Midwest Division
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Agenda BOD meeting 4-14-10||Merl||For the Board||4||04-16-2010 08:24 PM|
|Kcbs bod agenda 2-05-10||Merl||For the Board||116||02-07-2010 02:58 PM|
|Agenda 1-23-09 BOD meeting||Merl||For the Board||4||01-24-2009 07:28 AM|
|** Bylaw change regarding Family members serving on BOD on November 12 KCBS BOD agenda.||Merl||For the Board||60||11-17-2008 04:12 PM|
|August BOD Agenda||BBQchef33||For the Board||17||08-28-2008 07:59 AM|