Howdy, from Katy, Texas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

berlee2

Howdy all! Found your site yesterday and have not been able to do any work since!!! My name is Lee and I'm from Katy, Texas. Anyway, I've got a NB Bandera that has been sitting behind the garage of our house since we moved in 3 years ago. Now that I've done all of the "honey-do's" that come along with a new house (well, most of them anyway!), it's time to place the Bandera in a place of honor in the backyard. The problem is that the "ole"-Bandera needs some work. The stand has rusted away and it needs a good cleaning and some paint! That is what led me to this website and boy, am I pumped up about modifying my rig!!!

I've had my gas grill up and running since we moved in, so I've been able to keep on grilling. However, now I'm ready to get back to learning how to become a true smoker!!!

I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can from ya'll as well as making new friends! Hopefully, in the years to come, I'll be able to add some "Q-ing" tips to newbies like me! Thanks and I look forward working with all of ya'll!:grin:

Let me be one of the first to welcome you to the forum. Sit down and strap yourself in for a wild ride and a bunch of outstanding folks here to learn from!

Welcome Lee! I am sure you will find what you are looking for here and lots of answeres to any questins you might have. And if you are like most of the people on here it won't take years for you to have tips for newbies, you'll be giving new ideas to even the most experianced pretty quickly.
Post often, Post pics of what you have done, and most of all HAVE FUN

Welcome aboard Lee, you've found the best site in the net!

Welcome Lee. Look forward, to seeing you restore your smoker to optimum condition. Take pics of your project.

Glad to have you, Lee. The Houston area is full of brethren. If you really want to have a good time, go to one of the ICBA cookoffs and meet a bunch of them.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard! Find a local welder and beef that Bandera up with new heavier metal. 1/4" plate would be awesome. Thats what I did. I paid a welder a case of Corona and my Dera is one sweet unit now.

newmetalonmainchamber.jpg

newmetalonfirebox.jpg

I also cut a Mr. Gasket make-your-own gasket sheet up to go between the two boxes. I connected the two boxes with those stainless steel rods you see. I lay a tuning plate on the rods which lies right below the water pan.

Good luck. Please keep us posted on the restoration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back