MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:00 PM   #16
Paulie G.
is one Smokin' Farker

Nice
Klose custom 28'x7' Golf Pro Classic mobile pit.
Paulie G. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2008, 02:07 PM   #17
JohnMcD348
is One Chatty Farker

Looks great. Unfortunately, Oregano tends to make the wifes throat swell up real tight, real fast. Kinda sucks since she comes from an old Italian family(Paternoster). Me on the other hand can eat any thing, any time, any place.

We sleep peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm.......G. Orwell

Brinkman Smoke King Deluxe, The Famous StudeDera, Weber Smokey Joe Gold and Platinum, Brinkman Professional Grill, Brinkman ECB and 2 Weber Smoky Mountians
JohnMcD348 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2008, 03:10 PM   #18
Skidder
Babbling Farker

I just ordered two more bottles. The steak was great but the brisket was off the hook. Took it off at 185 and wrapped two hours later here it is with some slaw and taters. And no I don't know the dude, and or work for him. I heard about the stuff here and thought I would give you all my opinion. Family liked it too.
Skidder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2008, 04:22 PM   #19
Smokin Mike
is One Chatty Farker

I can not wait intell my bottle comes in now! thanks for the report and the brisket looks great
FEC-100's
KCBS, FBA Judge
Smokin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2008, 04:30 PM   #20
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

I like the name. I bet its tasty. What was the first name though, "Lawn Clippings"

I bet that is good on a Steak if you let it sit a while.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:57 PM   #21
Double D's BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Very nice looking brisket there. I ordered three bottles last week and also one bottle of the seafood rub as well. Looks like they ought to call it Todds Turf instead of dirt but it does look good! Looking forward to trying it!
4. Primo Oval
5. Stumps GF 223
6. FEC 100
7. Backwoods Smoker - Fatboy
8. Traeger Texas Grill (BBQ 075)
Double D's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2008, 07:52 AM   #22
luvweber
Got Wood.

Last night I made pork tenderloin with the Dirt for eight guest. Everybody was ranting and raving about how good it was. I also grilled some corn on the cob with butter and Dirt. It was incredible.
luvweber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2008, 11:59 AM   #23
Cabntmkr1
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidder View Post
I just ordered two more bottles. The steak was great but the brisket was off the hook. Took it off at 185 and wrapped two hours later here it is with some slaw and taters. And no I don't know the dude, and or work for him. I heard about the stuff here and thought I would give you all my opinion. Family liked it too.
Hey Skidder, it looks awesome! Thanks for the review, Trpfox too!
That's what we do on here, isn't it?
You sound apologetic for giving us the review.
Don't feel that way, even if you did know the guy who makes it and markets it. No big deal.
We love trying new stuff.
Heck, stick around long enough and you'll see us touting Plowboys Yardbird rub, and Bigmista's rub, Spicewine's stuff, as well as others.
Keep up the great work, bro!
Great pron, BTW.
[FONT=Arial]ServSafe Certified[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Déjà Moo - The feeling you've heard that bull before. [/FONT]
Cabntmkr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #24
Skidder
Babbling Farker

Hey Cab Your kinda right about the apology. I was trying to review this stuff which I had never done before and I guess I sucked at it cause I couldn't really explain why I liked it. Hell I don't care others along with me do so I guess that's good enough. You'll never know if ya like something unless you try it. I tried it and liked it good enough. No apology necessary. Thanks Cab.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:38 AM   #25
luvweber
Got Wood.

The Brisket looks great. Nice review

Old 09-02-2008, 09:44 AM   #26
Skidder
Babbling Farker

Thanks Luvweber It was gooood! Did 18 lbs. of pork shoulder and 12lbs. of brisket this week and it was all terrific.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:48 AM   #27
luvweber
Got Wood.

How many people were you cooking for? that sounds awsome. I wrote earlier about the pork tenderloin I did. It was soooo good. I used the onion recipe that is on the website. Man put that on the tenderloin it was great.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:08 AM   #28
Skidder
Babbling Farker

Luvweber just me and fellow coworkers. My wife really doesn't like smoked food unless I tell her I didn't use wood to cook it (she's full of it) she's been eating smoked food for years and my youngest doesn't eat meat for some reason not explained to me. Me very BAD! I usually smoke way more than I need and vacuum seal it for winter or for work.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:21 AM   #29
Bill Jindra
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Have to agree with Cliff H. Looks too green, not sure if I would like the herbable affect, but always willing to try once.
Bill Jindra is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2008, 07:54 AM   #30
luvweber
Got Wood.

Bill you have no idea what you are missing. I know what Skidder is trying to say. It does not taste like anything you have ever had. When I first saw the Dirt at a BBQ show, I did not believe all the junk the Dirt dude was saying. He had made a dip with it to try, what BBQ guy pushing a rub or seasoning does that? which by the way my wife and kids love. I brought it home to use and I have pretty much use it on everything, on the grill and on my eggs, etc. My kids eat steak NOW because of this stuff. It is that good. You ought to try it.