is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Rolling down the river between St Louis and New Or
Anyone else get this e-mail

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 7:10 AM

"Phillip W. Doyle" <pdoyle@volfence.com>
Add sender to Contacts

To:
jcbailiff102@aol.com, Sjcamp2001@yahoo.com, BBQERS@bellsouth.net, KocsisK@bellsouth.net, swigcds@bellsouth.net, rivercityrub@yahoo.com, KENBBQ!@yahoo.com, Candy@bbqrsdelight.com, unclechucks@aol.com, travisdi8@aol.com, Eucash3@bellsouth.net, snegrotto@gmail.com, gthornton3@bellsouth.net, dalecloud@sbcglobal.net, lmayes@memphis.edu, allredX3@bellsouth.net, sauceman2@comcast.net, rsatte6234@yahoo.com, willwhampton@earthlink.net, odis@vol.com, twolittlepigs@bellsouth.net, makek79@bellsouth.net, cajunsmoker@yahoo.com, phammonds@aol.com, SouthernBoysBBQ@yahoo.com, Hastings-Kenny-A.@Cat.com, LPGehring@yahoo.com, nosmotheking@aol.com, teg4.659@aol.com, MemphisHawkeye@aol.com, 2hobbs@dillarddoor.com, bjordan@progressivetechinc.com, Jgheens@gmail.com, tomo@brother.com, Jcooncompanies@aol.com, wsampson3@comcast.net, Mack.Nelson@CHRobinson.com, magicdd@aol.com... more

Cc:
debbie@reinachagency.com, jdaigle@bigriver.net

Message contains attachments

GOAT DAYS 2008 BBQ APPLICATION.doc (775KB)

Cookers,

September the 12th thru the 14th MillingtonTennessee will host the International Goat Days family event. One of the main crowd draws will be the BBQ Goat Cooking contest. If you would like to try your cooking skills toward something off the norm, let me encourage you to try this competition out. All proceeds from this weekend event go toward local charities.

I am attaching an application for you to look over regarding the contest but suggest you go to www.internationalgoatdays.com for a full explanation of the event. The entire program (funded by the late Babe Howard of Millington) focuses on the goat. There will be Goat contest that range from “Best Dresses” to the chariot races. Along with these different yet entertaining contests there is an Antique Farm Equipment show, and Antique Tractor pull, there will be a Grist Mill running on site, Native American displays, crafts and knick-knacks tent, children’s rides and amusement area, High School Rodeo, fishing tournament and my favorite The Great Southern tradition of Anvil Shooting. Yep, you heard right, Anvil Shooting.

Again if you are looking for a fun filled weekend or a good family event to attend, check out International Goat Days.

Hope to see you there,

Phillip

I don't know anything about cooking a goat, but it sounds like fun anyway:biggrin:

Goat Days in Millington is supposed to be a lot of fun. I got the email, too.

If you are interested in more info, drop the guy an email. Philip Doyle (PW) is a great guy. I didn't know he helped put on this event. He's also a main organizer of a big KCBS event in Memphis.

never cooked goat but i have eaten it. thought it was pretty good.

Hmmm.... Its a away football game that weekend. Anyone have ANY tips on cooking goat. I've cooked lamb but I have never tried goat before.

i had it stewed and marinaded/grilled in traditional Mexican style, search for "Chivo" or "Birria" recipes (Mexican Goat)

If you cook a goat I would suggest Boer Goat little bit more in cost but a better meat.

I know this because my family raises them.

greats stuff!

I've been wanting to cook a goat for a while. We have a pasture down the road where a flock gets out now and again. Last year they wrecked my back yard while I was at work, but I have kept a keen lookout for the furry bastages ever since. I know it will irritate my relationship with my wife, but I can't wait to get one of those "cute" little monsters in the Lang!

I've been wanting to cook a goat for a while. We have a pasture down the road where a flock gets out now and again. Last year they wrecked my back yard while I was at work, but I have kept a keen lookout for the furry bastages ever since. I know it will irritate my relationship with my wife, but I can't wait to get one of those "cute" little monsters in the Lang!
:twisted:

You bring the Lang & I'll haul the camper to Millington. I'm game to cook one, but I don't think it'll fit on my UDS:biggrin:

Up until about 2 weeks ago, I was serving various cuts of goat meat every Saturday evening at The Wooden Pig BBQ. Initially it went over very well. Perhaps due to an article written in a local paper that we were serving goat. As the weeks passed I was selling less and less, wasting more and more due to lack of people trying it. My son raises South African Boer Goats, mostly for show and breeding.
http://www.sunflowergoatfarm.com

The Meat does dry out easily when smoked. You really need to keep a close eye as its cooking. They are really lean
I started out serving chops, small but really tasty. They take on smoke quickly and take approx 2+ hours at 225.
Customers really liked the chops. They do have a different flavor but those who tried them gave rave reviews.
Goat Brats are really good too. Grilled or smoked, if you were not told it was goat you wouldnt know.

A great place to purchase goat is Iowa Healthy Edge Meats
http://www.iowahealthyedgemeats.com/

You bring the Lang & I'll haul the camper to Millington. I'm game to cook one, but I don't think it'll fit on my UDS:biggrin:
Bring the UDS anyway. That way we can try goat on the Lang, and guinnea pig on the UDS. After this cook, my kids will really be messed up...:twisted:

Back