Hello from Nebraska- Go BIG RED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trucky1008

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I've been hanging around the forum a month or so and received a few nudges from Larry last week so I figured I better come out and play. I first learned about this site when visiting the Great American BBQ Festival in KC over Memorial Day. I was talking with one of the comp guys (can't remember which team) and he recommended this site. That was great advice!

My name is Don and I live in Omaha, Ne. I'm fairly new to the BBQ thing. I purchased my first smoker last November (Cookshack CS55) and most recently bought a Fast Eddy FEC100. Yes, I am a pellethead! I can't get enough of this BBQ stuff, my wife believes I have a sickness..... Is it normal to spend several hours a night reading BBQ forums and the rest of the time smoking something?

I see that Gary -GaryK139- introduced himself. Gary and I work at the same place and I told him about this site just recently.

Thanks for such a great site.
Don

Glad to see you in the forum and look forward to seeing your pics of your Q :)

If anyone is counting, Nebraska brethren and sistern count is growing rapidly.....were almost a force to be reckoned with..ok not laughed at... Welcome Don, were just NW of you...and work in Omaha ourselves. Look forward to hearing more out of you and Gary!

Pellet head or not Don, welcome to the forum.

Welcome aboard, Hope you find lots of info and brothers in smoke!!!

Welcome, now pull up a stump and take a load off!!!!

I can't get enough of this BBQ stuff, my wife believes I have a sickness..... Is it normal to spend several hours a night reading BBQ forums and the rest of the time smoking something?
Yes, the rest of the world is nuts....

If anyone is counting, Nebraska brethren and sistern count is growing rapidly.....were almost a force to be reckoned with..ok not laughed at...
We'll try to stop laughing... soon... some time... LLLLLOOOOOOLLLLL sorry I just couldn't help it.... (J/K Char, you know we love you NEFO's)

Is it normal to spend several hours a night reading BBQ forums and the rest of the time smoking something?

Ahhhh.......DUH! YES! It's also normal to start collecting orphaned/abandoned cookers of all types. To drive through towns looking in peoples backyards looking for cookers is a good thing. Looking at every steel pipe or tube and wondering if it would make a good pit.

Maybe it's just me.

Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!

I've been hanging around the forum a month or so and received a few nudges from Larry last week so I figured I better come out and play. I first learned about this site when visiting the Great American BBQ Festival in KC over Memorial Day. I was talking with one of the comp guys (can't remember which team) and he recommended this site. That was great advice!

My name is Don and I live in Omaha, Ne. I'm fairly new to the BBQ thing. I purchased my first smoker last November (Cookshack CS55) and most recently bought a Fast Eddy FEC100. Yes, I am a pellethead! I can't get enough of this BBQ stuff, my wife believes I have a sickness..... Is it normal to spend several hours a night reading BBQ forums and the rest of the time smoking something?

I see that Gary -GaryK139- introduced himself. Gary and I work at the same place and I told him about this site just recently.

Thanks for such a great site.
Don

Normal? Define Normal. It all seems normal to us. Welcome to the forum, post often and share what you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back