Contest at Phillies Stadium???????

Jacked UP BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Anyone have any info on the contest at Phillies stadium? I remember seeing a thread about it and called the number to have them send me an app, but I never received anything and deleted the email. Anyhelp would be great, I think it is very soon.

FIRE UP YOUR GRILL AT THE
7th GARRY MADDOX CHARITY BARBECUE CHALLENGE!

Showcase your culinary talent at Citizens Bank Park on August 23, 2008 when former Phillies Gold Glove winner Garry Maddox hosts his 7th Barbecue Challenge. This fun-filled charity fundraiser is presented by Lockheed Martin. Contestants can enter in the Restaurant/Caterer Division or the Pit Master Division, and cooking categories include chicken, ribs, and chef’s choice. The day ends with a final “rib-off” in which all competitors—restaurants and individuals alike—pit their ribs against Garry’s with the winner earning a trip to the 2008 World Series. One entry fee covers participation in all categories. For more information or to register, please call 856-756-0222 or email ygapcamden@hotmail.com.

All proceeds from the event benefit the Youth Golf & Academics Program, a 501(c)(3) organization founded by Garry Maddox to provide academic support and enrichment services to children who reside in troubled city neighborhoods. The Barbecue Challenge is open to the public from 1 to 4 p.m. with live music by Three Legged Fox, children’s entertainment, and a classic car show. The event is sponsored by Aramark, Phillies Charities, Hatfield Quality Meats, CBS 3 and Philly 57, Turkey Hill, CBS Radio, and the Daily News.

FOR INFORMATION CONTACT:

Kerry Ann Williams
Youth Golf & Academics Program
856-756-0222

Call asap, they are capping the number of teams for the first time and all returning teams get first dibbs. It is a BLAST though. It conflicts with New Holland which might open some spots. I'll be there.

It's alot of fun, and just one day. I'll be there.
Hey Lazy River, are you two here or at New Holland?

jon, you are a hard man to get a hold of!!! I'll see you in two weeks. Hope the weather is good.

Thanks for the heads up. I just shot them an email to see if I can get more info.

Beth and Family

jon, you are a hard man to get a hold of!!! I'll see you in two weeks. Hope the weather is good.

Hey Ant, sorry man. I got your pm, been meaning to reply but got busy. I'm taking 6 racks w/ me, plus whatever Hatfield gives us. They're saying 10 lbs (2 racks), but it's been more like a case in the past couple years. 'Course they were frozen too... had to thaw them out on top of the firebox. Still working on chef's choice too. See you in 2 weeks

Back