oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
Rightstuff
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Georgia Outdoor News GON: Backyard BBQ Blast, Macon, GA

GON will host a Backyard BBQ competition in Macon, GA in the Macon Coliseum parking lot. The event starts Friday, August 8 and ends Saturday, August 9th. The comp will be chicken, ribs and wild game with turn-in times of 12:00, 1:00 and 2:00. You can set up Friday but must leave at 8:00pm and can return Saturday at sunrise to get started. Its a family event focused on getting families to involve their kids with outdoor activities (ie fishing, hunting, etc). You can go to GON website for more information. Its $100.00 to compete. If any members are planning on attending, look me up. It will be my first competition and I could use the support! Hope to see you there!
Rightstuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
DawgPhan
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightstuff View Post
GON will host a Backyard BBQ competition in Macon, GA in the Macon Coliseum parking lot. The event starts Friday, August 8 and ends Saturday, August 9th. The comp will be chicken, ribs and wild game with turn-in times of 12:00, 1:00 and 2:00. You can set up Friday but must leave at 8:00pm and can return Saturday at sunrise to get started. Its a family event focused on getting families to involve their kids with outdoor activities (ie fishing, hunting, etc). You can go to GON website for more information. Its $100.00 to compete. If any members are planning on attending, look me up. It will be my first competition and I could use the support! Hope to see you there!

I will be down there. but not competing..I am doing some seminars and maybe helping with the contest and what not. I will be sure to look you up.
DawgPhan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2008, 11:04 PM   #3
Gowan
is Blowin Smoke!

Sounds interesting. I'd check it out it we weren't cooking the KCBS contest in Kennesaw on that weekend. Good luck!
Gowan is offline   Reply With Quote