Big Mike wins GC at Kettering!!

ZBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Big Mike (Eagle River BBQ) took GC at Kettering guys!!:-D

Mike beat out ALL the big boys with his new Stumps tralier model that
he's only had for a couple of months!!

If I remember right, Mike has only been competeing for about a year too!!

The cherry on the cake is that the GC gives him a 1 in 2 shot at the Jack!!:shock:

Way to go Mike!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Congrats Mike. This couldnt of happened to a nicer guy folks.

Awesome

It was great to meet everyone, and a HUGE Congrats to Mike...way to set the bar high for your side kick......could not have came at a better time!!! Had a blast, and look forward to seeing everyone again soon....

Rob

Congratulations Mike! Great to see that beautiful trophy remain in Ohio and in Dayton! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy and the competition couldn't haven't been tougher. Congratualtions to all who got calls and to to both Jim Ferguson (Rolling Smoke) and Jim Weaver for putting together a tremendous contest for a great cause and for an extemely cook friendly contest.

I think that Mike actually has a better than 50/50 chance to get to the Jack (so far at least) I think Eagle River BBQ has become the first Ohio team this year to win a sanctioned contest which would get him into the Jack even if he loses the draw. Congrats again Mike! Your going to do just great in Lynchburg!

Yes, and a HUGE thank you!!!!

Agree with Dallas Jim Ferguson and Jim Weaver worked their asses off and put on one hell of a contest. The whole crew was great at making sure that everyone feel welcome, and at home. I am looking forward to next years competition down there and supporting our service men in the process. The setting there in the shade could not have been more perfect...

Thanks again, and again, HUGE CONGRATS!!!! To all!!!

It was great to see... and lots of cheering! Great weather, great site... and, if it couldn't be me, another Brethren, and a local at that, should take it home!

There were some first timers that got mentions, too... Good job to the brethren overall! Almost half the field was made up of Brethren teams, in fact.

yep, big mike won even with me pestering him at 4 am saturday morning.:biggrin:

fantastic job mike!

Thanks Yall, it was a great time. Z is right, this was my 5th comp. I am still pinching myself to make sure it is real.

Here are the Results (Brethren Highlighted). Sorry if I missed a Brethren

Overall

GC. Eagle River BBQ
RG. Show Me Your Bones
3. Monty Pigthon
4. Motley Q
5. Shigs in Pit
6. Moonswiners
7. Smokey Mountain Smokers
8. Double Ds
9. Great Lakes BBQ & Feed
10. Bucky McOinkum