The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 10-28-2008, 12:50 PM   #511
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 4

sniff.
sniff.
Wish i was there.

In all honesty.. being at The Jack was a thrill. Getting the Old no 7 banner with our name on it was really awesome, and trying our thing against some of the best although nerve wracking was somethign we always drewmed about. But this contest was in the back of my mind. I was talking with Eric, Sled and Linda throughout and was living it vicariously thru them. As much as an experience the Jack was, this contest seems to have an allure to us as a group that no other has.

Its great that it was a success with a few minor trip ups(apples anyone?) and hopefully the chamber will have us back again next year as well as you folks who made it the success will return so I can reclaim that title.

Congratulations to everyone, Not just our new Grand Champions, but everyone that attended and made for a great time in spite of monsoons (and rubber chickens).

One last thing.. Eric Devlin(Motoeric) really busted arse this year working with the Sayville chamber of commerce. Although a few of us helped as an 'ideas/planning' committe in meetings, when it came to following up and executing, Eric(with the help of the chamber) did nearly everything on his own. Without either of them, this would not be possible and we all owe them a huge thanks.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2008, 12:53 PM   #512
Sledneck
Time Out

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
sniff.
sniff.
Wish i was there.

In all honesty.. being at The Jack was a thrill. Getting the Old no 7 banner with our name on it was really awesome, and trying our thing against some of the best although nerve wracking was somethign we always drewmed about. But this contest was in the back of my mind. I was talking with Eric, Sled and Linda throughout and was living it vicariously thru them. As much as an experience the Jack was, this contest seems to have an allure to us as a group that no other has.

Its great that it was a success with a few minor trip ups(apples anyone?) and hopefully the chamber will have us back again next year as well as you folks who made it the success will return so I can reclaim that title.

Congratulations to everyone, Not just our new Grand Champions, but everyone that attended and made for a great time in spite of monsoons (and rubber chickens).

One last thing.. Eric Devlin(Motoeric) really busted arse this year working with the Sayville chamber of commerce. Although a few of us helped as an 'ideas/planning' committe in meetings, when it came to following up and executing, Eric(with the help of the chamber) did nearly everything on his own. Without either of them, this would not be possible and we all owe them a huge thanks.
Hi and welocme to the forum, now go on over to cattle call and introduce yourself
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #513
LindaM
Full Fledged Farker

OK now that everyone else has had their say, I would like to thank everyone, Eric all the teams, Don, Leslie, Ken and Kathy for helping out. It was a FUN event especially Sat even though I didn't get any food. (just the downfall of being a rep) Then again I didn't get any on Sunday either, keying my poor little fingers to the bone.... not that I need it, but as Eric knows I am a chocoholic and he fed my addiction on Sat so thank you so much. .... Everyone was great, thanks again and we look forward to next year. The pushing the limits only had 4 entries and I would have loved to see more that was cool and I think Pigmaker learned something....
LindaM is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2008, 01:05 PM   #514
Sledneck
Time Out

I didn't have time to take to many pics. The first is the hot dog category. It was Keri C's hot dog apple beans. Hot dogs do not belong in these and finished somewhere in the back of the pack where it deserved. Sorry Keri The pizza was a fresh figs, goat cheese, prosciutto with a balsamic vinegar reduction. It tasted real good but looked but looked like crap.Behind the pizza is the only shot I have of my lasagna from chefs choice

Last edited by Sledneck; 02-27-2009 at 09:47 AM..

Unread 10-28-2008, 01:16 PM   #515
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Can someone post the grilling results ?

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2008, 01:18 PM   #516
Sledneck
Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeBBQ View Post
My sheets got soaked by the rain

Unread 10-28-2008, 01:27 PM   #517
motoeric
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDandysNYDan View Post
Hi everyone...Just want to congratulate everyone that walked. Also want to thank everyone for making Jimmy & I feel right at home. The Brethren is truely a remarkable organization and we are both happy to be a part of it. Once again thanks to everyone that was so nice to us and we are looking forward to seeing you all soon and hopefully do a competition or two next year.

Dan & Jimmy
Although I only saw you for a bit, it was great having you down. Hopefully we will get together at another event when things aren't quite so hectic.

Eric

A BBQ Brethren Publication
2 Thessalonians 2:15
Exodus 12:9
motoeric is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2008, 01:28 PM   #518
pigmaker23
is one Smokin' Farker

you had to buy a ticket to the circus to get the results, no tickee, no results

Quote:
Meadowcreek PR -72 Trailer
pigmaker23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2008, 02:25 PM   #519
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmaker23 View Post
you had to buy a ticket to the circus to get the results, no tickee, no results
I guess if I can't get all the results of the Sayville contest then I won't bother to put any results on the NEBS website.

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2008, 03:00 PM   #520
rbsnwngs
is One Chatty Farker

if anyone has a picture of me with the Willie B's tombstone please pm me I have had a few request for it.

WILLIE PALOOOOZA 2013 is here
http://williepallooza.blogspot.com/
www.williebsbbq.com
38th IS ALMOST LIKE WINNING
rbsnwngs is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2008, 04:40 PM   #521
pigmaker23
is one Smokin' Farker

Remember, its not a NEBS Sanctioned Grilling Contest lol

Quote:
I guess if I can't get all the results of the Sayville contest then I won't bother to put any results on the NEBS website.
Meadowcreek PR -72 Trailer
pigmaker23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2008, 04:45 PM   #522
U2CANQUE
is One Chatty Farker

That just means that Eric didnt win........
Cleveland, Ohio

Jambo (J-3) Black on Black-with Hot Rod Flames
FEC w/ IQ4
U2CANQUE is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2008, 06:46 PM   #523
Frank Sacco
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye View Post
Congrats again on taking the grilling title, Frank! I was more than happy to hand it off to a fellow brother and you all are great folks. Really liked the grass green weber too! Now go take care of those blazing nutts!!!
Clint you're a stand up guy thank you.
It was a pleasure to have the chance to hang out and talk with you throughout the weekend. I can't take all the credit and nor do I want to for the Grilling GC. I have a team of friends that gave it all throughout the weekend. Bob S. is a hell of a cook. Mrs Bob S. keeps us in check and gets our presentation boxes squared away. Michele P. has an amazing "award winning" chicken. Last but not least Nancy G. She made our killer dessert. Together we accomplished GC. I have to sign off now and go powder my Blazin' Nuttz.
Wicked fast, Super accurate, splash proof RED Thermapen
www.blazinbuttzbbq.com
Frank Sacco is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2008, 10:00 PM   #524
deez20
Full Fledged Farker

Here are the grilling results. Anybody else get bad scores from judge 1 on iron choice and dessert that had george duran's group? I guess I can't complain since we took 7th overall but it's annoying that we got 3's, 4's & 5's from judge 1 for both of these categories while everyone else gave 7's & 8's and the occasional 9 which basically screwed our overall.

Chubby Hubby BBQ

WSM
Yoder YS640
Cookshack 008
Mini Big Green Egg
Large Big Green Egg
The Fastest and most accurate Thermapen, the ORANGE Thermapen.
Stoker

Last edited by deez20; 10-28-2008 at 10:02 PM.. Reason: .
deez20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2008, 10:20 PM   #525
U2CANQUE
is One Chatty Farker

congrats on the 180!
Cleveland, Ohio

Jambo (J-3) Black on Black-with Hot Rod Flames
FEC w/ IQ4
U2CANQUE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags