oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners(temp offline)
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:20 PM   #1
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Default Bel Air BBQ Bash change

FYI for those going to the Bel Air BBQ Bash:

June 16, 2008

VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL BBQ BASH COMPETITORS!

We have just been notified of a significant cost increase for providing electrical power to this year’s BBQ Bash. Because of this, we are no longer able to provide service for free as we have in the past.

I am very sorry to have to do this, especially at this relatively late date, but the realities of rising fuel costs, and a slumping construction market in this area, have forced our supplies to recover more of their costs to provide this service. The fees for service are as follows:

5 [COLOR=orange ! important][COLOR=orange ! important]Amp[/COLOR][/COLOR], 120 Volt Service $50
Additional 5 Amp, 120 Volt Service $25

A form is attached to order service. PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM AND SEND DIRECTLY TO BENFIELD ELECTRIC ALONG WITH YOUR PAYMENT BY JULY 18, 2008.

I again apologize for this late notice. I can assure you that this fee increase doesn’t come close to covering the increased costs to the event.

Craig Ward
BBQ Bash Coordinator
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2008, 12:27 PM   #2
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

So the basic 15amp is basically $100. Escalating costs are out of control and I am sure organizers are feeling as much as we do. . I am sure we will see a lot more of this in the future. Tough to keep costs down for the competitor
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2008, 12:29 PM   #3
Scottie
Babbling Farker

They do not allow outside generators either...

Red Jambo one off
FE 100
FEC 100
WSM
Homer Simpson 22 " Weber Kettle
Red 18 1/2" Weber Kettle
Black 26 3/4" Weber Kettle
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2008, 12:30 PM   #4
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
They do not allow outside generators either...
Now that is just wrong. They should rethink that before losing some potential/existing teams
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]

Old 06-17-2008, 12:32 PM   #5
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

5 amps must be a typo it must be 15 amps.

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2008, 12:36 PM   #6
Bigmista
somebody shut me the fark up.

I can't believe that they ar having a BBQ bash in Bel Air. Uncle Phil will be happy but Geoffrey will be pissed if he has to clean up.

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!

Bigmista Custom Spicewine Trailer - Olivia J. PIMA
Large and Medium Spicewines
Weber Ranch Kettle - E.T.

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2008, 01:05 PM   #7
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

What I got said 5 amp 120v, even with the $50.00 for electric its still is only $225.00. I hope the 5 amp is a typo. You could run a couple of lights and maybe a fan on 5 amps.The check gets sent to the electrical contractor.This comp is the best one I have done as far as spectators, 20000 over the 2 day and a lot of really good teams.
Smokin' Gnome BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2008, 01:45 PM   #8
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

AT $225 it is still reasonable. What is the deal with the no generator rule though?

Old 06-17-2008, 02:04 PM   #9
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledneck View Post
AT $225 it is still reasonable. What is the deal with the no generator rule though?
dont know, had it in place last year as well.
Smokin' Gnome BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote