喂我西摩
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners(temp offline)
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:20 AM   #616
Chef Jim
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle corn View Post
Where can you find Webers in colors besides black? I've seen the 22.5" OTS in copper at Target. I'd really like a green OTG like the one a few posts up.
Ace hardware here in Fla. can order them for you. I would think others could too.

A veteran is Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand it. Author unknown.

Chef Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #617
web G2K
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

New here, loving the forum so far guys ;)

I grew up grilling on charcoal but usualy on cheapie tin grills like hubcaps with grates. No one else in my family was into grilling at all so it was just me on the stoop poking at a couple of dogs or burgers on my hubcap lol.

A while ago the wife and I got a char broil brand 2 burner gasser for our aniversary as a way to help us steer away from fast food and processed food and I fell in love with grilling all over again

A few weeks later I rescued a genesis 2000 that I got for free figuring it would be a better unit than the charbroil when restored but just last night I scored big time I think.

Found a weber performer 100% complete and working (other than the small tank being empty) on craigslist for a paltry $30! Every basic kettle on the site was priced at $50 or more!

Drove for 2 hours to get it and was decimated by mosquitos while dismanteling it to fit in my wifes focus but I think it will have been worth it.

I'll post the pron when I get off work ;)
web G2K is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #618
kyle corn
is one Smokin' Farker

I found this advertised locally but its just listed as a Weber grill so I'm not sure what model it is. Is this an old One Touch Platinum? In any event, it's really cheap so I think I'm going to jump on it.

kyle corn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #619
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
I found this advertised locally but its just listed as a Weber grill so I'm not sure what model it is. Is this an old One Touch Platinum? In any event, it's really cheap so I think I'm going to jump on it.

Yes sir, I do believe you are correct!

Looks just like the one I picked up at the auction last fall for $27! I love it!
Hybrid Pellet Pooper [I][B]"The Meat Vault"[/B][/I] - [B][COLOR=red]3[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=red][B][I]RED [/I][/B][/COLOR]Weber Kettles O, H (with Cajun Bandit Mod) & [COLOR=black]pre '79[/COLOR] - [COLOR=black][B][I]Black[/I][/B][/COLOR] OT Platinum (DH) - [B]SS AusPit[/B] - [B]Rib-O-Lator[/B] - SJ UDS (DI) - [B][I]CRAZY FAST[/I][/B] [COLOR=yellow][B][SIZE=3]Yeller[/SIZE] [COLOR=black]Thermapen[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR]

[B][I]We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this. ~Butz[/I][/B]
[B][/B]
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2011, 06:32 PM   #620
Chris_R
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklhed bbq View Post
yes sir, i do believe you are correct!

Looks just like the one i picked up at the auction last fall for $27! i love it!
nice!!

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-11-2011, 11:09 PM   #621
mbshop
Babbling Farker

pappy, no pics but i'll see what i can do. i use a hollow leg plastic caster insert. i file it down to fit in the leg. before i insert it i also file down the inside part where the caster goes into. this lets the insert still grab the caster but its not so tight that you can't yank out the caster.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:39 AM   #622
Smiter Q
is One Chatty Farker

I have posted a photo of my new Performer grill recently in some cook threads, but I guess I should post it in the APPRECIATION thread as well. I was really lucky, blessed, amazed, etc to get this grill on July 4th via CL. I picked it up for ...... $40!! Practically brand new. The woman tried to cook some burgers on it twice, and both times the coals went out before she finished the meal. Sooooo.... she decided to sell it.

At the moment I am recovering from a severe injury to my neck, not working, and money is tight. So buying one of these Performers at regular price would NEVER happen for awhile. A looooong while. This color is LIME, and is a Crate and Barrel exclusive color. They call it "bright green."
In person she is as pretty as she looks in the photo!

Brian: Weber: OTG + Lime Performer - - Keeping the Armor On - Eph. 6:11

Last edited by Smiter Q; 07-12-2011 at 02:04 AM..
Smiter Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-12-2011, 01:49 AM   #623
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Holy carp Brian! What a steal!!

Didja tell the nice lady that she just needed to add more lighter fluid??
Hybrid Pellet Pooper [I][B]"The Meat Vault"[/B][/I] - [B][COLOR=red]3[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=red][B][I]RED [/I][/B][/COLOR]Weber Kettles O, H (with Cajun Bandit Mod) & [COLOR=black]pre '79[/COLOR] - [COLOR=black][B][I]Black[/I][/B][/COLOR] OT Platinum (DH) - [B]SS AusPit[/B] - [B]Rib-O-Lator[/B] - SJ UDS (DI) - [B][I]CRAZY FAST[/I][/B] [COLOR=yellow][B][SIZE=3]Yeller[/SIZE] [COLOR=black]Thermapen[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR]

[B][I]We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this. ~Butz[/I][/B]
[B][/B]
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2011, 01:49 AM   #624
kyle corn
is one Smokin' Farker

I'm very jealous of that lime Performer! I'd love to have that color!
kyle corn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2011, 01:53 AM   #625
Smiter Q
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnucklHed BBQ View Post
Holy carp Brian! What a steal!!

Didja tell the nice lady that she just needed to add more lighter fluid??

Ryan, Ummm... no... I did not.

Actually i think she needed to add more coals. Minimal ashes were in there from her cook.
I disassembled the grill as fast as I could. She came out to me and said,
"Wow.. I am getting a lot of email about this grill all of a sudden!."
Before she changed her mind I had it loaded up.

Don't know if an ex husband or boyfriend left it behind..didn't really want to ask!
But for once I was not in the mood to chit-chat with a pretty woman.
I had OTHER stuff on my mind.. like a Performer for $40!
Better than a BLUE LIGHT special!!

Old 07-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #626
web G2K

Beautiful grill smiter, there was one listed localy as a "green weber performer" with no picture on an estate sale and a few hours later it was marked as sold :)

Old 07-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #627
cbpeck
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Where can you find Webers in colors besides black? I've seen the 22.5" OTS in copper at Target. I'd really like a green OTG like the one a few posts up.
Thanks, I like it too!

I got it through a local store that carries a large BBQ assortment. They didn't stock the green, but were happy to order it for me if I was willing to wait a week for it to come in. I'm pretty sure that any Weber dealer with good CS is capable of special ordering any of Weber's products.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:06 AM   #628
web G2K

Default Performer pics...

Looking forward to firing this thing up this weekend

Old 07-16-2011, 03:10 AM   #629
Smiter Q
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by web G2K View Post
Looking forward to firing this thing up this weekend
That code, the EO is from 1995.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:31 AM   #630
web G2K

Yup, that was one of the first things I looked up when I got her home

The trip to pick it up was interesting in its self lol.

I would post up pics of the genesis resto but I wouldnt want to sully the thread, its a 93 btw.

Tags
appreciation threads, kettle, Weber, weber kettle, weber kettle methods, weber kettle mods