The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 05-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #166
iceman78
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I was always the one going...get gas, it is easier and faster... even convinced a friend to get a gasser. Now I have my gasser, it is nice, but when Jack got me to eat his grub from his UDS.... I am HOOKED! He gave me a Bandera, and our friendship has exploded ever since! Within a few months, I have bought a 1997 (P) performer, 2 travelers, a 1997 (EI) Weber, and now tonight getting another Weber kettle... I have the permission of my wife to get a WSM when she gets her next purchase... I can wait... and if things go well, a co-worker is checking her mom's house in a few weeks to see if....I may cry either way, if she has a BGE that she will GIVE ME!!!!!

Yes, I am hooked on charcoal and smoking...
[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black] 09 WSM, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]'10 BGE Small, 08 Brinkman[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]; 93 Performer, 02 Performer, 2000 Platinum;[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]79 Grey, 97 Black, 99 Black, Yellow, Simpsons, Lime Green, 94 Green;[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]04 Grillware, 05 Genesis sunk in 1940s Coke machine, 11 Weber Q 200;[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]Mountain Dew Can, 05 Baseball, Coleman Green, 11 Coleman Blue, 04 Coleman Roadtrip[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black], 01 Smokey Joe, 02 Smokey Joe[/COLOR][/FONT]
iceman78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #167
jack040806
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiana mark View Post
for I have sinned. I have coveted my neighbors Weber kettle, sitting next to her garage for 3 yrs. Today I summoned the courage to ask her, her intentions with said kettle. It hasn't been used in a long time. Well after intense negotiations, she said, "take it home with you". To which I replied, "I'll give ya ten dollars for it". To which she replied "five will do". I never was real good at negotiating. Anyway here she is. No date stamp.
Looking at your stamp, I have a yellow weber in my yard with the same one, I believe that I heard its from the mid 70's I'm pretty sure they started stamping them in 79 so its before that. Either way thats one nice looking grill for only five bucks.

Unread 05-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #168
aquablue22
Babbling Farker

My Weber Family...........and looking to add to it........Don't tell my wife!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Webers 001.jpg (62.6 KB, 1209 views)
File Type: jpg Webers 002.jpg (75.3 KB, 1213 views)
2 - 18.5 Weber Kettle
2 - Super FAST, Super ACCURATE Green Thermapen1 splashproof)

"A good friend will come and bail you out of jail, your best friend will be sitting right beside you on the bench saying "What a Ride!" WooHoo
aquablue22 is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #169
iceman78
Full Fledged Farker

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack040806 View Post
Looking at your stamp, I have a yellow weber in my yard with the same one, I believe that I heard its from the mid 70's I'm pretty sure they started stamping them in 79 so its before that. Either way thats one nice looking grill for only five bucks.
I say we put your picture on your yellow weber and make an official Simpson's Grill :)
[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black] 09 WSM, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]'10 BGE Small, 08 Brinkman[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]; 93 Performer, 02 Performer, 2000 Platinum;[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]79 Grey, 97 Black, 99 Black, Yellow, Simpsons, Lime Green, 94 Green;[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]04 Grillware, 05 Genesis sunk in 1940s Coke machine, 11 Weber Q 200;[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]Mountain Dew Can, 05 Baseball, Coleman Green, 11 Coleman Blue, 04 Coleman Roadtrip[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black], 01 Smokey Joe, 02 Smokey Joe[/COLOR][/FONT]

Unread 05-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #170
Goose
Full Fledged Farker

I will add my recent Craigslist rehab for the weberistas.

My recent Craigslist score
After some elbow grease...

Unread 05-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #171
Hell Fire Grill
Full Fledged Farker

Goose
You got that performer lookin real nice.
Hell Fire Grill is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-06-2009, 12:38 AM   #172
iceman78
Full Fledged Farker

The new grill I got on CL... I posted more pics in another thread but needed to put into this thread also

Unread 05-06-2009, 06:43 AM   #173
mranum
Full Fledged Farker

I had decided long ago that charcoal was just way to much work for grillin, the gas was just so much easier and faster. Then 4 years ago we got married and as a gift was given a 18 1/2" Weber kettle. It stayed in my shop, still in the box mind you till last summer when I decided to try some beer can chicken. Oh my that was great stuff.

Now, we do still use the gas for a quick brat supper but if we want something gooood, the Weber gets called up to the plate.

Still haven't done much for smokin on it, but when I did it seems that my temps were a little too high I think. Gonna have to invest in some sort of thermometer I guess.
mranum is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #174
jrb03
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
I will add my recent Craigslist rehab for the weberistas.

My recent Craigslist score
After some elbow grease...

Wow, that looks amazing. Great job!

I love my '07 Performer, but I wish it had a cooking grate hanger like your classic model does.

Pitmaker Vault
Pitmaker Grill-Meister

Backwoods Party
Backwoods Chubby

Weber Performer
WSM
Weber Smokey Joe Gold

Good Riddence
Peppercookers Trailer Offset
Chargriller Tailgate Grill
jrb03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #175
SCPossum
Knows what a fatty is.

I just picked up a Weber Silver last night - FREE Yahooo.... Seems like it is in good condition except for the blades - two were rusted off and the third was almost gone. I had to cut the nut off the bottom to remove them tonight. I saw where you can buy replacement parts online and was wondering how hard it is to install the new blades. Do they just fit on each side with the screw holding it together from the bottom side? I guess I am going to have to start following this thread like I do the UDS thread.
SCPossum is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #176
Beerwolf
Take a breath!

You should be able to buy the whole kit for like about 15 bucks, blades, bolt handle and all that crap.. Homie Depoot should have them as well

Unread 05-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #177
SCPossum
Knows what a fatty is.

Great, I'll save the shipping. I'll check there tomorrow. Thanks.
SCPossum is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-07-2009, 07:24 AM   #178
jt
Babbling Farker

Goose, that green Weber is so cool looking. Nice score.

Spicewine, 2 Dutch Ovens, Weber OTP, 18 " Weber Kettle, White Mountain Ice Cream Freezer, Whirly Pop, Cast Iron Hot Dog cooker, and a 10 year old. Moink.

RIP - my NB Bandera

"Sweet Blue to all" - E

jt is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #179
EatonHoggBBQ
Babbling Farker

Picked up a 1998 Performer the other day off CL. It needs a really good cleaning. The guy said the igniter didn't work. Well I guess not. It was plugged up with old ashes and crud. It works now.

Unread 05-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #180
sfbbqguy
is one Smokin' Farker

^^^^^

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!! Nice score there Eaton.
'08 Weber Genesis Gasser
SJG Tamale Pot Mini Smoker (SJG was a rescue)
and a Pyro FIL
sfbbqguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
appreciation threads, kettle, Weber, weber kettle, weber kettle methods, weber kettle mods