The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 06-09-2008, 10:37 PM   #1
Just Pulin' Pork
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Peculiar MO Contest

I know its early but wanted to see whose in this contest, 6-20 and 6-21. The next couple weekends are busy with contests in and around KC. Wanted to see who is in this one. This is our first time in the contest, looking forward to it.
Just Pulin' Pork is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-10-2008, 11:53 AM   #2
Neal
Full Fledged Farker

We did this one last year.
It was OK...but they really packed you into a tight space and there were also some organizational issues.

We won't be coming back this year as we try to keep our contests around one a month and we have another good opportunity to cook in July.
[URL="http://www.dodgecountysmokers.com"][SIZE=1][B][I]www.dodgecountysmokers.com[/I][/B][/SIZE][/URL]

[I][SIZE=1]Custom Built Cooker / [/SIZE][/I][I][SIZE=1]Weber Kettle /[/SIZE][/I][I][SIZE=1]old New Braunfels offset in the backyard[/SIZE][/I]
[I][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/I]
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-10-2008, 08:49 PM   #3
Just Pulin' Pork
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
We did this one last year.
It was OK...but they really packed you into a tight space and there were also some organizational issues.

We won't be coming back this year as we try to keep our contests around one a month and we have another good opportunity to cook in July.
Neil thanks for the post. I am hoping some folks post some replies. We have never done this contest and are very much looking forward to it. Congrats on your finish in Iowa last weekend. Jarod emailed me saturday night telling me how you finished. Congrats again on the excellent finish.
Just Pulin' Pork is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-10-2008, 10:54 PM   #4
The Pickled Pig
is One Chatty Farker

We've done it the last couple of years. Nice folks but not the best organized event. And I hate that they only call the Top 3 from each category despite my adamant negative feedback. That being said, we'd probably have signed up for it again this year but they moved it up and now it conflicts with another contest on our schedule. Diane said they moved it to a larger location so hopefully you'll have more room to maneuver. Make sure and give us a post-event report.

Twitter - @ThePickledPig

CBJ, WSM, UDS Cookers, Weber Gasser, Weber One Touch Gold Kettle,
The Pickled Pig is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-11-2008, 08:48 AM   #5
Neal
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Pulin' Pork View Post
Neil thanks for the post. I am hoping some folks post some replies. We have never done this contest and are very much looking forward to it. Congrats on your finish in Iowa last weekend. Jarod emailed me saturday night telling me how you finished. Congrats again on the excellent finish.
Thanks John.
[URL="http://www.dodgecountysmokers.com"][SIZE=1][B][I]www.dodgecountysmokers.com[/I][/B][/SIZE][/URL]

[I][SIZE=1]Custom Built Cooker / [/SIZE][/I][I][SIZE=1]Weber Kettle /[/SIZE][/I][I][SIZE=1]old New Braunfels offset in the backyard[/SIZE][/I]
[I][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/I]
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote