The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 06-08-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
Psmitty
Got Wood.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default NYC BBQ Bash

Had a great time at the NYC BBQ Bash today. Met John Wheeler and Garry, Elaine and Leslie Roark of Ubon's BBQ. What can I say, I've got a soft spot for Mississippi BBQ...I spend about 25% of my life in Jackson, MS. If you're ever there you gotta have the Pork Wings at Smokehouse BBQ in Rankin County! I'll be enjoying lunch at Ubon's in Yazoo City on Tuesday.

They were all incredibly nice. John D. is the man, what else can be said (Memphis in May World Champion 200. Garry and his family are what cooking and BBQ and good folks are all about. Chris Lilly was pulling and chopping his own butts in the Big Bob Gibson Rig.

It was really inspiring and the only place I would have rather been is in Yardley twerking out on my own. Congratulations to everyone that put their passion on the table!

Big Mama custom grill/smoker
Chargriller w/ SFB
Weber 22" Kettle
...and plenty still to come...[/FONT]
Psmitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-08-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Nice. Always mean to make it but never do. The ubon folks made me one of their famous prime rib sandwiches at memphis in may a couple years ago and I still can't get it out of my mind!
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #3
motoeric
Babbling Farker

I'm sorry I missed you. I was there yesterday as well. I have to completely agree about the Ubons food. The sandwich was excellent. Was theirs the mustard sauce?

In spite of the horrific parking, I had a great time.

Did you happen to attend any of the lectures? They were handing out shooters of an avocado soup. It was amazing.

I'll be going again next year for sure.

Eric

A BBQ Brethren Publication
2 Thessalonians 2:15
Exodus 12:9
motoeric is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-09-2008, 01:38 PM   #4
Psmitty
Got Wood.

Moto-

I did not get to any lectures. I left a little early so I could get my wife some chicken (nuthin but pork and beef at the bash). We took the train in from NJ so parking was no problem.

I really wanted to see Mike Mills on Saturday but had a conflict.

Smoke-
You had a pretty good weekend all the same I'm sure. Thanks for the prime rib sandwich heads up. That's what I'll have for lunch tomorrow.

Big Mama custom grill/smoker
Chargriller w/ SFB
Weber 22" Kettle
...and plenty still to come...[/FONT]
Psmitty is offline   Reply With Quote