Mebane (NC) Dogwood Festival and Ribfest

smoke-n-my-i's

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I just finished my 10 day straight run, and will be off until Tuesday. What great timing.

I entered a local comp that is going to be ribs only. They got my $35 entry fee, and we have to turn in 2 slabs of ribs.... :eek: Some judges are going to eat well.... No cash prizes, just a 1st place trophy. We have to be set up by 9am when they officially "open", and can not tear down until after 5pm when they "close". I am thinking, kick back, relax, enjoy the day type of fun.

What a way to spend a Saturday.... :biggrin: :biggrin:

ATS=All Terrain Smoker

scraps from the way over done section

left overs that we brought home... forgot to get pics of the turn in boxes.... I always seem to do that... bummer

trophy

close up of tag....

Yes, that is 1st place.... :p :eek: :eusa_clap

I finally pulled off a 1st place.... yeppers, I is proud of myself....

This was a small town event, and only ribs... rolled in early this morning.. 7:30am, set up, and was relaxing by 8am.... then went to put the rub on my ribs, and, OH NO.... no rub..... lucky I was only about 20 minutes from the house.... back in plenty of time, fired up to warm up the smoker and get it up to temps, ribs on plenty early, 10am, and let them cook real SLOW.... it paid off. I was real pleased with them, and learned a couple of tricks that is now in the memory bank.... and locked away.

Congrats Grumby! Hate I didn't catch this thread yesterday - might have been able to run over and check it out. Congrats again!

Back