*Beer Keg BBQ Grill*

Dr_KY

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Today is the day we begin the makings of the Kegrilla project. :cool:

It's the first time out with one of these so any tips, advice or slander is welcome. This build will be done without any welding ( unless there is no other way around it) and as low budget as I can get it simply because much like the UDS the build the best part next to the cooking and eating.

Last edited:
6icvtk.jpg

Stainless
2wlzjtd.jpg

Measure twice cut once and be sure to let the pressure escape, stale beer in the face is nasty first thing in the morning.
2vkx9xk.jpg

2viffag.jpg

Looks like a very interesting modification.
Will it be horizontal as shown... or vertical (ECB or UDS)?

Keep the pics comming,
PA

I need a grill to sit along side the UDS so it will be horizontal. The opening is 12'' across after that the keg began to taper and I'm thinking a flat surface will give a better seal.

Cuts are cleaned up with..

30jpjyh.jpg

fw7u40.jpg

I didn't realise just how fast and smooth it would reduce the matal and it beats the snot out of using a file.

Looks like the doctor is fixin' up a nice grill.

Keep the pics coming along.

Hey guys just had a few ideas for legs on this thing while I was sitting in the beer garden at the pub enjoying a nice pint or four of Strongbow. Well, I may have it worked out and the kids are busy taking them apart for me. I'll do some work o it tomorrow and post the pictures.
Fingers crossed.

Are you going to try for a complete stainless build? That would be sweet! Little or no maintenance is where I'm going with that!

Yes that exactly what I'm looking at but it has to be low cost. With the weather over here I need something thats going to stand up to living in the weather 24/7 as I have no garage or at the very least be cheap or plentiful to replace.

This is the proper use of a stainless keg:mrgreen:
still.jpg

Told ya I (she)was 'sitting' on it.

xlhvs4.jpg

281atr4.jpg

Spoke with the owner and he has several chairs out back that are damaged and headed to the fire pit so I picked up two and set the kids loose on them.

The breakdown...

2l933f4.jpg

Reunited...
29x9r1e.jpg

A new life for some old wood...
330vho4.jpg

We will be using one of the seats from the chairs as a side shelf on Kegzilla and perhaps the UDS.

10n84y1.jpg

Last edited:
Back