Hammond, LA : 3/28-3/29KCBS (w/ results)

B

Bigjim4x

Just wanted to see if any other Farkers are cooking the KCBS event in Hammond LA next weekend. We cooked this event last year and we had a good time except for that down pour right as the awards started. We will be in spot 43 again this year.

cancersuckschicago.com will be there. We are in spot 37 I believe?

Scottie

Good luck this weekend, Jim.
Nice job in Gonzales last weekend too...keep it rolling!

Rodger make sure you stop by and say hello.

Anyone else making the trip down?

We'll be there in the morning. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Made it back home late last night. Another great event in Hammond this year! I got to meet several of the Brethren over the weekend. I had Scottie right across from me this weekend. (still trying to refocus my eyes from watching what he was doing with the binoculars all weekend) Thanks for the advice Scottie! We ended up pretty good overall. 9th Chicken, 9th Ribs, and 10th Pork they didn't care for the brisket too much. Overall a good weekend for us!

Good meeting you Jim. Glad I could offer some tips. It appeared they may have worked. I should of talked to you about chicken... Might have to get me one of them boxes... ;-)

What a great contest. Sure was happy to walk away with a couple of nice calls. Hope it lines up with my kids vacation again...

Congratulations Jim I guess I need to really watch out for you at sour lake? the couch can be had for a few pointers :mrgreen:

Way to go Jim. There was some real good Q coming thru the judging tent so, that's some good placing.:cool:

My wife got tired out and we had to leave before the results were announced, does anyone have the complete results?

Rodger sorry I didn't get to chat with you. You caught me on the way to the cooks meeting. I'll post the results on a new thread.

Rodger sorry I didn't get to chat with you. You caught me on the way to the cooks meeting. I'll post the results on a new thread.

Right here would work wonderful.
We have great forum software! :lol:

TIM

Overall
1 Smokers Wild
2 Pellet Envy
3 Lotta Bull
4 Habitual Smokers
5 Jerry King
6 BBQr's Delight
7 Cancersuckschicago.com
8 Learn 2 Q.com
9 Bad To The Bone
10 Tee Wayne's Cajun Cooking

Chicken
1 BBQ's Delight
2 Lotta Bull
3 Bad To The Bone
4 Jerry King
5 Tee Wayne's Cajun Cooking
6 Smokers Wild
7 JoBeaz Blazin' Butts
8 Hog Wild & Pig Crazy
9 Hurricane Smokers
10 SDC Smokers

Ribs
1 Lotta Bull
2 Pellet Envy
3 Tee Wayne's Cajun Cooking
4 Cancersuckschicago.com
5 Naaman's Mustard Sauce
6 Jerry King
7 Throw Down Cookers
8 Habitual Smokers
9 Hurricane Smokers
10 Wild Bunch Butt Burners

Pork
1 Sweet Daddy's Pit Crew
2 Learn 2 Q.com
3 Smokers Wild
4 Florida Skin and Bones
5 Forever Wild
6 Pellet Envy
7 Mason Dixon Swine
8 Habitual Smokers
9 BBQr's Delight
10 Hurricane Smokers

Brisket
1 Habitual Smokers
2 Cancersuckschicago.com
3 Bad To The Bone
4 Smokers Wild
5 Sweet Chipotle BBQ
6 Jackie & The Butts
7 Jerry King
8 Smokin' Triggers
9 Motley Que Crew
10 Wild Bunch Butt Burners

Last edited by a moderator:
What a field! :oops:

Congrats to Rod and all the Brethren who walked there!

TIM

Congrats Rod and Scottie and everyone! I added bold for the brethren teams. If I missed anyone please let me know!

I knew I missed someone! Sorry BigJim4X and Hurricane Smokers! I added extra emphasis for you to make up for it! :-D

Back