The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 03-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
BobBrisket

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Sat. Pizza/Sunday Discada and Chili PRON

Long weekend full of fun and food. I had my neice, her fiancee, and her future outlaws over for pizza night. We had a blast. They hand rolled their own dough and put on the toppings. All I did was the grilling part. And the drinking part too!!

My BIL............and his famous discada. Would you believe he never got his shirt dirty? The only way to properly heat up the tortillas is to give them a quick grease bath. This stuff was fatastic.
Finally, my big bowl of red. I put a whole but of chit in there. Too much to remember. It was fatastic as well. I got lots of compliments. That big ol' wok I used belonged to my Grandmother. If it could talk, it'd have lots of great Mexican food recipes to share. There were also tons of salads, beans, etc ,but I could tear myself away from the beer chest and the the men usually just eat around the grill anyway!!

My neices future father in law even gave a really cool, chrome plated wheel that will make it's way onto my UDS so that I can move it around. I'll post pics of it tonight and you uys can give me some help figuring out a way to attach it. Enjoy!
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-K and DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver

My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son.
Git Smokin, Dan!

Last edited by BobBrisket; 03-10-2008 at 01:49 PM..
BobBrisket is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #2
Markbb
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Wow

Thats a great looking spread, and I like the gas burner in a split wheel hub idea, next time post some pics with out the bowl so I can see how the burner mounts inside
Markbb is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #3
BobBrisket

Mark,

Here are some pics of the stand and burner. It was a little welding project of mine from a couple years ago. Actually very easy to build and cheap too. The most expensive parts were the burner, regulator, and hose($60). Everything else I found here and there and cost about $20. bucks.
I don't have pics of my BIL's stand, but the inside (burner) is handmade out of 1 inch pipe that has been welded in a star shape. Then holes were drilled into the star for gas flow and flame pattern. He used to work for a propane company and they made and sold those burner stands.
Hope the pics help. PM for any more specific questions if you want.
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-K and DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver

My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son.
Git Smokin, Dan!
BobBrisket is online now   Reply With Quote