Help with Chicken turn in

CrimsonSmoke

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I did some thighs today for a test turn in box. The best I could do is get 4 in the box. How do you guys get them to fit. Do you trim them? if so b4 or after cook? or do you try and find really small thighs. What about breast how would you do those. I am still not sure which to use at comp. Was going to post pics by really disappointed about not getting a good box.

Breast meat will dry out quickly, especially after you slice it amd put in a box....

That is why most everyone goes with thighs, that and they are so forgiving...

Try to find uniform sized smaller ones... or trim before cooking...

Trim, cut, whack, cut n trim some more........gotta have 6!!
A pic woulda helped us give you some more info! :oops:

Trim, cut, whack, cut n trim some more........gotta have 6!!
A pic woulda helped us give you some more info! :oops:

i definitely agree with that !! can you post a pic to see what 4 looks like ?.. i've cooked up some monster thighs before in competition, but always managed 6 in the box.

Yep, ya gotta have at least 6 in the box. Even more if possible.

I did some thighs today for a test turn in box. The best I could do is get 4 in the box. How do you guys get them to fit. Do you trim them? if so b4 or after cook? or do you try and find really small thighs. What about breast how would you do those. I am still not sure which to use at comp. Was going to post pics by really disappointed about not getting a good box.

I once stuffed a turn in box with 13 thighs with no garnish. The person taking the boxes at the turn in table almost dropped it, it was very heavy. I did not score well.:rolleyes:
Dave

Try to find the smallest ones you can. If not, you can trim them down to what you need.
I tend to angle mine just a bit if the thighs are too big but generally they fit. You must of find some monsters form Chernobyl farms.

P1260056.jpg

Well here is how I do mine.......Not that it is perfect but works for me.
CompetitionChicken001.jpg

CompetitionChicken003.jpg

CompetitionChicken004.jpg

CompetitionChicken005.jpg

CompetitionChicken006.jpg

CompetitionChicken007.jpg

CompetitionChicken008.jpg

CompetitionChicken009.jpg

CompetitionChicken010.jpg

Mutha shows great technique, thats basically the trick!!
Here'sne of our boxes, not great, maybe 13th.....:twisted:

By imn88fan

All the pics look good. I like Mutha style for triming. I hate to horde in on a post, but does anyone have a pic of a FBA turn in.
Bob

Ditto Mutha Chicken. Hard to get six roid filled chicken in a box, so trimming (before cooking) is definitely the way to go.

Ok I promise picture next time no matter what. Mutha thanks for the great pics that is wanted I need. Will try it this weekend. Yes they are 9x9 boxes i just double check. Should have known better than to think making a turin box was easy by seeing the pro pics. By way I never thought I would get tired of looking at thighs and breast of anything but I am.

And finally anyone got it links to vid for making the boxes.

Thanks guys for all the help. more questions to as tiem gets closer.

Back