MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:52 PM   #31
Que'inKC
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
Plenty of salt and plenty of pepper is a good thing in a brisket rub. If you are from Texas, then MSG also seems to be a key ingredient. At least that's the case in a lot of brisket/beef rubs I've seen.
This rub definitely had that...I just worry sometimes about loading it down too much because I don't want a bad salty taste...I made that mistake early on in my cooking career on some ribs and ever since I'm pretty care on how much rub I put on...Actually I didn't really taste that much salt on this guy.

WSM w/Mods
22" Weber Kettle - Gold
Country Smoker CS-450
KCBS Member #24405
CBJ #24405
[B]R Butts R Smokin Comp Team
[URL="http://www.rbuttsrsmokin.com"]www.rbuttsrsmokin.com[/URL]
[/B]
Que'inKC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #32
watertowerbbq
is One Chatty Farker

great looking brisket!
Previous: BWS Competitor (sold 2012), WSM - 18.5" (2009, sold 2011), WSM - 18.5" (2004, sold 2010)
Superfast Orange Thermopen, Yellow MK4, Fireboard, Railroad Detective
watertowerbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #33
Que'inKC
is one Smokin' Farker

Thank you for all the great comments on my brisket cook..I had a lot of fun with the new BWS and trust me there will be much more to come...

WSM w/Mods
22" Weber Kettle - Gold
Country Smoker CS-450
KCBS Member #24405
CBJ #24405
[B]R Butts R Smokin Comp Team
[URL="http://www.rbuttsrsmokin.com"]www.rbuttsrsmokin.com[/URL]
[/B]
Que'inKC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2008, 04:25 AM   #34
CarbonToe
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que'inKC View Post
Thank you for all the great comments on my brisket cook..I had a lot of fun with the new BWS and trust me there will be much more to come...
I'm already looking forward to the next post, that brisket looks fantastic, nice bark, good rin and moist to boot.