The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 02-09-2008, 09:21 AM   #1
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default From the MMA website

Looks like MMA is branching out into other BBQ related things. Other than the reference to KCBS judging standards I don't see anythign to indicate this is part of the KCBS stuff they are doing. Wonder who the 2 national champion teams will be? Maybe past 2 JD champs - that would be cool. Or past 2 TOY teams. Just so long as it's not a BOD member I'm OK with it.

http://www.mmacreative.com/index.php?flash=1
MMA Creative, in partnership with Altura Productions, is proud to announce the launch of a TV barbecue challenge that will benefit America’s troops overseas. The show will feature two national champion bbq teams, in cooperation with two teams comprised of American troops, in a duel for the taste buds. The show will be produced on site at an undisclosed military base overseas, and it will follow competition judging standards created by the Kansas City Barbeque Society

Unread 02-09-2008, 09:45 AM   #2
Scottie
Babbling Farker

Not me. I would welcome the opportunity to get my cause out there. I thought there would be good opportunities to tell my story after winning the Jack. Especially under the circumstances that I was able to accomplish my dedication. But no one has ever approached me... (Except smokinaphattie.com) So obviously there are better marketing or PR stories than what I was able to do....

Which is a shame. As I am not looking to quit my job or create some bbq business from what I was able to accomplish. I want to just raise money for cancer research and to assist those that are affected by cancer.

Scottie

Red Jambo one off
FE 100
FEC 100
WSM
Homer Simpson 22 " Weber Kettle
Red 18 1/2" Weber Kettle
Black 26 3/4" Weber Kettle
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #3
Just Smokin' Around
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
Not me. I would welcome the opportunity to get my cause out there. I thought there would be good opportunities to tell my story after winning the Jack. Especially under the circumstances that I was able to accomplish my dedication. But no one has ever approached me... (Except smokinaphattie.com) So obviously there are better marketing or PR stories than what I was able to do....

Which is a shame. As I am not looking to quit my job or create some bbq business from what I was able to accomplish. I want to just raise money for cancer research and to assist those that are affected by cancer.

Scottie
Scottie, I don't think there's a better story to be told than yours. Your cause, challenges and circumstances (especially at the Jack) go to the heart of what a lot of BBQ folks are in this for - family, friends, caring for others and having a true purpose in life. It's a shame you weren't able to leverage it more for your cause. Keep fighting the good fight. God bless.
Medium BGE, Weber Kettle and gasser, other toys
Just Smokin' Around is offline   Reply With Quote