The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 01-25-2008, 11:34 AM   #16
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I've got a thought kicking around (not something I'm used to so it may get lost)...

What if instead of a single vertical seal you do two of them... That way you could do a small slice between them for say an inch or two and seal one side using the vacuum and just seal the other side containing the liquid?
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #17
Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster View Post
I've got a thought kicking around (not something I'm used to so it may get lost)...

What if instead of a single vertical seal you do two of them... That way you could do a small slice between them for say an inch or two and seal one side using the vacuum and just seal the other side containing the liquid?
If your goal is to seal a liquid in the bag, you would just need to make your vertical seal leaving both ends open. Vaccum and seal the solid, fill with liquid and seal. With air in there I'd suspect the usable shelf life would decrease fairly dramatically though.

Did I miss your point entirely?

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!!!

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-25-2008, 03:12 PM   #18
Divemaster

I guess I'm trying to accomplish is keeping the meat (vac/sealed) and the sauce (sealed only) together.

My thought was that if I did as you had originally described but instead of one vertical seal (between the cheese & sausage) make two and then make a short cut between them so that (as in the later example) I could vac/seal the meat and simply press out most of the remaining air on the sauce side. This would make it one convenient package...
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-25-2008, 05:18 PM   #19
The_Kapn
Moderator Emeritus

Great idea Jorge!

I can think of a few more good uses for the technique.

Thanks,

TIM

ps--can I sample one of those the next time I come through TX and we get to visit?
Now cooking with a Yoder YS640
Proud Pellet guy cooking on real wood.
The_Kapn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-25-2008, 06:10 PM   #20
Jorge

I'll put your name on one Tim

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!!!

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!