Almonds

R

Roo-B-Q'N

I have the best wife in the world! I called her yesterday afternoon and asked if she would do me three favors. 1. put up with me, 2. fire up a chimeny of coals at 5:45 (I would get home by 6:30 and they would be ready) and season up a few pounds of the raw almonds a friend of ours got for us.

So she put a few TBSP of oil in a ziplock along with the almonds and then seasoned them with Plowboys Yardbird Rub. I smoked them in a foil pan for about 2.5 hours, stirring every 45 minutes or so to let the smoke get to all of the almonds and here they are after smoking.

almondsSmall.jpg

After I placed them on the rack to cool and while still warm I lightly dusted the right side with additional rub to see if that would enhance the flavor and let me tell you it does!

So Todd yet another great use for the Yardbird Rub to add to the growing list. Great addition to the nutty flavor and smoke.

I love smoked almonds but cannot eat them anymore because they are great for generating kidney stones. I would toss the raw almonds with Dale's Seasoning, Worsteschire, Yoshida's Gourmet Sauce, and Louisiana Hot Sauce then sprinkle them with garlic powder, cayenne powder, and Tony C's. Into the smoker in a grill wok and stir every half hour until done. The problem was trying to stop eating them until the doctor told me that the almonds were responsible for the kidney stones. I was going through a 3#bag of almonds per week at the time.

I love smoked almonds but cannot eat them anymore because they are great for generating kidney stones. I would toss the raw almonds with Dale's Seasoning, Worsteschire, Yoshida's Gourmet Sauce, and Louisiana Hot Sauce then sprinkle them with garlic powder, cayenne powder, and Tony C's. Into the smoker in a grill wok and stir every half hour until done. The problem was trying to stop eating them until the doctor told me that the almonds were responsible for the kidney stones. I was going through a 3#bag of almonds per week at the time.

I have tasted Neil's nuts and they are mighty fine. (Did I just say that out loud?) :oops: He's just going to have to send me all of them in the future. :-D

Back