The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:28 PM   #1
Aimee
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Reminder

Just a quick reminder to ya'll who are compiling your 2008 schedules....I am organizing three events this year...

April 4-5th: Smokin' On Big Creek 4th Annual Brain Injury Association of Missouri's BBQ Contest: Pleasant Hill, MO (Cass County Fairgrounds) this is a not-for-profit event. www.SmokinOnBigCreek.com (Organizers) Jamey Johnson, Jeff Stith, Aimee Olmstead

July 25-16th: Boone County Fair BBQ Competition, Columbia, MO (Boone County Fairgrounds) (Organizers) Aimee Olmstead

October 10-11th: Q'n for Paws and Claws hosted by the Beta Beta Que Society, Bass Pro Shops, Columbia, MO (this is also a not-for-profit event) (Organizers) Jamey Johnson, Aimee Olmstead

Just wanted to throw these dates out there and get an idea of who will be entering. Let me know! Thanks for your continued support, see ya'll in the spring....

Old 12-06-2007, 07:47 PM   #2
txschutte
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Do any include a kids Comp? Our first year we decided nothing w/o something for the kds.

If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it.

Your beard is so stupid, it took two hours to watch 60 Minutes.
txschutte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2007, 08:07 AM   #3
Aimee
Knows what a fatty is.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by txschutte View Post
Do any include a kids Comp? Our first year we decided nothing w/o something for the kds.
Yes, all three competitions will have Kids Que. Thank you for mentioning that, I know that is a factor with families entering the competitions. I hope to see you at one of these competitions. Thanks so much!

Old 12-08-2007, 08:02 AM   #4
CritterCook
Full Fledged Farker

Critter Cookers will be at the Boone County Fair and the Paws and Claws. The Pleasant Hill comp is just a hair to far away. I'm sure I'll regret missing it because it has been so much fun in the past, and I'm sure the awards will be as fantastic as last years (not that I'd get one). Gotta make sure I make Boone county so I can help York get rid of that award he has been trying to pass on.

"Bessie" and "Arnold" the UDS's
22.5 Weber
Cookshack FE150
Char-Broil performance series-gas

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
CritterCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #5
The Pickled Pig
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee View Post
Just a quick reminder to ya'll who are compiling your 2008 schedules....I am organizing three events this year...

April 4-5th: Smokin' On Big Creek 4th Annual Brain Injury Association of Missouri's BBQ Contest: Pleasant Hill, MO (Cass County Fairgrounds) this is a not-for-profit event. www.SmokinOnBigCreek.com (Organizers) Jamey Johnson, Jeff Stith, Aimee Olmstead
The Pickled Pig will be at Pleasant Hill..registration mailed last week. It's too early for us to commit to the other dates yet.

Twitter - @ThePickledPig

CBJ, WSM, UDS Cookers, Weber Gasser, Weber One Touch Gold Kettle,
The Pickled Pig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #6
Aimee
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pickled Pig View Post
The Pickled Pig will be at Pleasant Hill..registration mailed last week. It's too early for us to commit to the other dates yet.

I just received your entry form today....I look forward to meeting you at the contest. Thanks for your support we really appreciate it. We can't do this without folks like you!