The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 11-29-2007, 11:49 PM   #16
thenewguy
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I must be too demanding, right away I was thinking it wasn't cost effective unless it was $2 each.
Cost of fuel,peppers,cheese and inards has got to be close to $1 each if all is added together-if not more.
thenewguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-30-2007, 05:54 AM   #17
Rick's Tropical Delight
** Permanent Timeout **

$2.00/each, at least

especially if there's pulled pork in there.

bbq joe had a thread where he had a plate of em for sale.
Rick's Tropical Delight is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-30-2007, 12:29 PM   #18
lunchlady
is one Smokin' Farker

We sell them at Harpoon every year - three for $5 or $2 each I think... and they go FAST. Sometimes it takes a little salesmanship to get them to buy the first one, but they inevitably come back for more. And, any time we have given one away, that person comes back with money and hungry friends. We always sell out, and we have people that come looking for us every year, they buy us out... "I'll give you $40 for the rest of them..." We love those guys!

We halve them and stuff the vending ones with cream cheese, cheddar and chinese sausages or pulled pork.

When we are eating them ourselves it's kind of anything goes...we have done them with big a** shrimp in each pepper, and we have also done habenero turds wrapped with proscuitto. Another time we made dessert turds with crushed pineapple in with the cream cheese. YUMMY!

We also have team bashes at our house and do up a boatload of them each time, vacuum seal 'em a dozen in a batch so we can keep track of what we're doing, and freeze until July. That way we don't really count in the labor part since we are all hanging out and having fun while we do them.

Just don't fill them up too too much though, cuz if you freeze them they can get a little messy once you are cooking them and leak out all over your cooker...yucky mod.

I just did 200 ABT's in my Backwoods Party, just filled it up and ran with it, dry, at about 300.
[URL="http://www.nebs.org"][I][FONT=Century Gothic]www.nebs.org[/FONT][/I][/URL]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]2 Backwoods Partys [/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]WSM, 2 Weber kettles, Weber Performer[/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]Large BGE[/FONT][/I]
lunchlady is offline   Reply With Quote