Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:34 PM   #1
Grand Poobah and Site Admin
Default turkey brine

I know its getting close, but this will still work if ya get it in tomorrow for those cooking the birds on thursday. Got a few PMs asking for the brine I posted in the past. Its in the recipe section.

Site Administrator and
Grand PooBah

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2007, 12:06 PM   #2

Thanks Phil. The semi-traditional brine I planned on went right out window...

I took a few of those ideas along with some other stuff and am now calling my concoction "Everything But the Kitchen Sink"... It's a nuclear disaster of everything I had or wanted to get rid off to make space.

4 juice combo - Apple, Mango, Orange/Pineapple, Cranberry
Mojo Criollo - leftovers from the bottle I had
maple syrup
Kosher Salt
White & dark brown sugar
crushed garlic
lemon/lime wedges
bay leaves, allspice, thyme, peppercorns, garlic powder
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote