The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:34 AM   #1
Porky
is One Chatty Farker

Smile Visited Hill Country

Last night my wife and I took my son and his girlfriend out to dinner at Hill Country. I was unable to make it there last week for the Brethren event but I was real physced to go this week. The parking Gods looked out over me and we got a spot directly in front of the entrance, I knew this was a good sign. Went in and put our name on the list and asked if I would be able to tour the kitchen and was told sure. In about 5-10 minutes we got our table and our tickets and away we went to the meat line.
We were really confused as to how to order since we wanted to try so many things, so we did the logical thing and order the sampler for 4 people-whole BBQ chicken, 4 beef ribs, 4 pork ribs, 1lb of lean brisket and we added the 2 types of sausage. This all came with 4 sides so we got the sweet potatoes,mac & cheese, stringbeans, cole slaw we then added corn bread.
We got this mound of food and proceeded to dig in. Everything that we had was superior and delish. It was now time for my tour. Because it was Sat night and Robbie was manning the cutting station one of the other people brought me back to the smoking area and showed me around. I was able to my sign my name on the cooker and spoke with Barry for a few moments while he was tending the Ole Hickory pits.
This place was great and I was just sorry I was unable to join everyone last week. I am still full this morning and will take it easy today.
Weber OTG Walnut handle from Marty Leach
KCBS #20486,FBA certified Master judge,IMBAS (MOINK BALL) Certified

Like what you do. Do what you like.
Porky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2007, 08:02 AM   #2
backyardchef
Babbling Farker

Barry rules!

The Hampton Smoker Blog: http://backyardchef.blogspot.com

7' Meadow Creek reverse flow w/ a 4' grill on the nose, named Large Marge
48" Klose Backyard Chef named Wubby
Willy the Wonder Grill