MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:45 PM   #1
Yakfishingfool
Babbling Farker

Default MaineBBQ

Going to eb in the ogunquit area the 12-14th of october, is there anything BBQ going on? Contest, recommended restaurants, etc. Scott
1 Weber performer, 1 Smokey Joe Platinum
1 XL Big Green Egg
1 FEC 100
Team BBQ-Brethren.com
KCBS Certified Judge #9079
Yakfishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 08:16 AM   #2
pigmaker23
is One Chatty Farker

I don't know what going to eb means, sounds kinda personal to me, LOL, but you have to check out Bucks Naked BBQ in Freeport, its about a 20 minute ride north of ongunquit area, my friend Alex is the owner, tell him that I sent you, you will not be dissapointed. For breakfast or lunch stop by the Maine Diner on Route 1 in Wells , it is really really good, the best Lobster Pie in Maine, Well Have fun on your trip, see you in Sayville next month !!
[B][COLOR=#008000]Mr. Bobo's Traveling BBQ Allstars ![/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=red][I]2009 Jack Daniels World BBQ BrisketChampion[/I][/COLOR][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=#ff0000]_______________________________________[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=black]Backwoods Fatboy (2) & a Chubby[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I]Jedmaster " BabyJed" Ring of Fire[/I][/B]
[B][I]OK Joe 84" Offset [/I][/B]
[B][I]Meadowcreek PR -72 Trailer[/I][/B]
pigmaker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:14 AM   #3
ique
is Blowin Smoke!

Naw, no contests in Maine in Oct.... and When in Rome... If its me I wouldnt be looking for BBQ in Maine. I'd be looking for Lobsters, followed by ice cream. Maine has tons of roadside ice cream shops that make their own.

Big Daddy's in Wells
Smiling Hill Farm in Scarborough
Scoop Deck in Kennebunk
Brown's in York
ique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:40 PM   #4
Lakeside Smoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ique View Post
.... and When in Rome... If its me I wouldnt be looking for BBQ in Maine.
Agreed. Ogunquit has some GREAT restaurants. We go to The Hurricane alot. Its in Perkins Cove. Also a short drive north to Portland is well worth the trip! Great brew pubs and some real fine dining there too.

Mike

In polite society, we have an unspoken agreement to call our obsessions hobbies. - Stephen King
Lakeside Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:30 PM   #5
Brian in Maine
is Blowin Smoke!

I went to Bucks for for the first time last week, for lunch. I had a very good brisket sandwich, and my wife had a stuffed baked potato that was good as well.
If you want a really good steak go to The Steak House in Wells. There are too many good seafood places to mention. Brian
Brian in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote