oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners(temp offline)
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
NCGrimbo
is One Chatty Farker

Default Good pastry bakery in Chicago.

It's almost time for my annual, when I can get tickets, trip to see the Chicago Bears in a home game. One year, we found a great pastry bakery in Chinatown and then the next year it had been closed by the health department. None of the other ones in Chinatown had eclairs like the closed down place. So, now I need to find another bakery. We're staying one blook from Michigan Ave. on Ohio and have access to the CTA busses and trains. Anyone know of a decent place close to the CTA lines?

NCGrimbo
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially, a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab through the sky with fire and math? How jaded do we have to be to lose collective interest in that?" - Robert Brockway
-----------------------------------------------------------
Weber 22"
Yoder YS640

-NCGrimbo
NCGrimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:19 PM   #2
Ron_L

I haven't been to a bakery in the city for years, so I have no idea what to recommend. You can try looking at the LTH forum so see what the folks there recommend. Bill may have some thoughts, too.

The Naked Fatty!

I'm thinking about summer!

Southern Q Limo Elite Gravity Fed/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote