oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:23 PM   #1
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Those of You Getting Royal Packets, I Need Info

On October 6, one of my favorite groups, Cross Canadian Ragweed, is playing at the contest. Do any of you recall seeing in the packets whether team member or folks with wristbands get in to see the concert without any additional charge or is anyone admitted to the Royal, regardless of how, entitled to see the concert? I must be there! Thanks!
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2007, 10:38 PM   #2
Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC View Post
On October 6, one of my favorite groups, Cross Canadian Ragweed, is playing at the contest. Do any of you recall seeing in the packets whether team member or folks with wristbands get in to see the concert without any additional charge or is anyone admitted to the Royal, regardless of how, entitled to see the concert? I must be there! Thanks!
Climb the fence if you have to, because they almost always put on a great show. I'll see them on Saturday

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!!!

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2007, 10:46 PM   #3
txschutte
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Great CCr show in OKC in Sept. Black Crowes, Randy Rogers Band, 10 in all.Cheap tix $25

If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it.

Team Whosoever Q

If a man looks lustfully at eggs and bacon, he has already committed breakfast in his heart.
txschutte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2007, 10:50 PM   #4
Jeff_in_KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
Climb the fence if you have to, because they almost always put on a great show. I'll see them on Saturday
Saw them in Westport here in KC a couple of years back at the Beaumont Club. GREAT show!! Then was SUPPOSED to see them open for Lynyrd Skynyrd the next night at the Missouri State Fair. Unfortunately, Johnny Van Zant got sick the day before and Skynyrd had to cancel, making CCR the feature band. It got better... farking HUGE storms rolled in that evening and the whole show was cancelled before it even got set up.

Damn Jorge, come on up in October! We'll grab a case of Shiner and head on over!
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2007, 10:57 PM   #5
KC_Bobby
Babbling Farker

My understanding is that the concerts are free with a general admission into the BBQ. The concerts on the link below do not list an additional cost, where as some of the other activities do.

Here's the Barbecuelooza Information
http://www.americanroyal.com/Default.aspx?tabid=322

I believe last year the feature concerts were outside of Govenor's building on the north side. This year they are inside Hale Arena.
Proud KCBS Member & Certified Judge

KC_Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2007, 02:17 AM   #6
Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC View Post
Saw them in Westport here in KC a couple of years back at the Beaumont Club. GREAT show!! Then was SUPPOSED to see them open for Lynyrd Skynyrd the next night at the Missouri State Fair. Unfortunately, Johnny Van Zant got sick the day before and Skynyrd had to cancel, making CCR the feature band. It got better... farking HUGE storms rolled in that evening and the whole show was cancelled before it even got set up.

Damn Jorge, come on up in October! We'll grab a case of Shiner and head on over!
I wish I could Jeff, but I've got other obligations. You can always pack up the Family Truckster and head south next spring. Here in Texas we have Shiner everywhere, except dry counties and precincts in some counties, and then on Sunday you can't buy beer until noon, and..... well come on down anyway!

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!!!

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote