Did we do the right thing?

Sawdustguy

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
We counldn't go to New Holland because of a family emergency. I mentioned it to Poobah in case he wanted to go instead. My wife (MrsSawdust) knew that there were alot of teams on the waiting list and she has more of a conscience than I do so she called Mel Stolfus to let him know and he agreed to send our money back. Now that New Holland is over, we learned that there were only 70 teams. Evidently they did not fill our spot. Should I have given our spot to Phil and let him fly our banner or did we do the right thing in letting Mel know we can't make it so he could try to give our slot to a team on the waiting list?

you did the right thing, its the same thing as phil going back last week at Highland and DQing his sausage entry because he thought it was the right thing to do... Mels the one who lost by not filling the space...

They did fill the spots.. There were 72 teams on the scoresheet all with scores.

Would it have been against any rules for Phil to cook under your team name ? What if a chief cook on the entry was under the weather etc. There is no rule that I know of that says the chief cook must be present or who is allowed to cook under the team name.

Michelle is a good person anyway for what she did. I would hope that due to the last minute circumstances, you can still get preferred application status for next year.

FYI, Guy. Your spot was filled by my Jumping Dog Barbecue which got a perfect score in chef's choice (although they lost the category to Midnight Smokers who also got a perfect score. Not sure what the tie breaker is on that one). So you were represented well.

I am glad the spot was filled. I think Michele made the right decision. Frankly, I wasn't sure what to do. Chuck said he would give us one of the advance invites next year. What a great gal I married. After 29 years she still manages to keep my ass in line.

I was supposed to be at New Holland, but I had to pull out at the last minute because of work. Chuck said he would send me one of the advance invites next year. I cannot say enough good things about the people who rn tis contest.

I was supposed to be at New Holland, but I had to pull out at the last minute because of work. Chuck said he would send me one of the advance invites next year. I cannot say enough good things about the people who rn tis contest.

Here! Here! Chuck and Mel run a wondelful contest. You would be hard pressed to find two better contest organizers.

Back