The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:38 AM   #1
BBQ_Mayor
is One Chatty Farker

Default The verdict is in

After seeing Ho De Do's (Andy's) cooker in Bellevue, I just had to have one. Bought one a few weeks ago, sold my Backwoods Gator to KC Bobby and Don from Boondoggle BBQ and just did my first "official" test yesterday.

Did a small Rib and Tri-tip contest here in Central Iowa. I was worried that my Ribs may slip cause I've been scoring pretty well all year with the backwoods. The Ribs placed 3rd and the Tri-Tip was 10th.

I love this cooker! Heading up to Sparta Wisconsin in a few more weeks to give it the true KCBS test. Heres some pics.

Oh, Buzz from the brethren also stopped by to see me yesterday. It was nice to meet him and I think well hook up at a contest next year. Sounds like he has his *&it together.

Oh, and one more thing, not bbq releted but fun. I raced my school bus last night at a local track and won!..paid $500. woo hoo!!! Hopefully somebody got a pic of me crossing the finish line.

setup.jpg
My set up
wholehog.jpg
The whole hog cooker
tritip.jpg
Thi tri-tip
WSM, Whole Hog Lousianna pellet Smoker
IPT pellet Smoker and Gateway Drum
CBJ #4643
BBQ_Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Better you than me, Ray. Maybe it was the four large Hurricanes, six of Miller Lite and several swigs of Cabo but I didn't get much out of cooking on that thing! Good luck with it...
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2007, 11:22 AM   #3
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Ray, I just have to smile seeing you move from the Backwoods/Guru/Lump to pellets. Another converted!

Hey, one of your fellow Iowa Q'ers is selling two FEC's for $2k each. Might as well grab one of those, too. Heehee!!

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2007, 01:34 PM   #4
we'll smoke u
is Blowin Smoke!

Hey Ray wish I new you were at Bellevue I would have liked to meet you. That was the first comp I used my 570 at. I love mine. Good luck with it.

KCBS MEMBER #24303
COUNTRY SMOKER 570 PELLET FEEDER
ONE SMALL HOME MADE VERTICAL
WEBER KETTLE GOLD 221/2
WEBER BABYQ
we'll smoke u is offline   Reply With Quote