The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 08-20-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
Puppyboy
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default KCBS Numbers

My KCBS CBJ numbr is 21924. I sat at a judge table this past weekend in Emporia, KS with a guy whose number was 235. His wife was at a neighboring table and her number was 234. Both were master judges. Those are the lowest numbers I have seen so far. They were older but sure did not act like it.

What's the lowest number you've seen??
-KCBS Judge #21924
-36" Kingfisher Combo
-New Braunfels Bandera (rescued)
-Weber 22.5" Kettle (rescued)
-A homemade trailer cooker
-Concession trailer nicknamed "The Dawg House"
[URL]http://www.facebook.com/BarkinDawgsBBQCatering[/URL]
Puppyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-20-2007, 12:47 PM   #2
Bentley
Babbling Farker

About 2400 out here in the West! And he is a Master CBJ too!
Certified Master Judge #5382

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-20-2007, 03:05 PM   #3
eurycea
Knows what a fatty is.

I've seen a couple that didn't have numbers. They were both MCBJs and I was told that they renumber you when you get the master so they might have had normal CBJ numbers. I really don't understand the CBJ numbering. I took a class in April 06 and I'm in the 9000's and I've met people who took a class in April 07 who are in the 20,000's. I figured they skipped the teens, but I saw someone this weekend with a 16,000. If they added 10,000 CBJs in a year the Bullsheet would be nothing but listings of classes and new members.
eurycea is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-20-2007, 04:21 PM   #4
benjet
Got Wood.

They switched from having separate numbering for KCBS member #s and CBJ#s to making yout CBJ # your member # at some point (not too long ago), from what I was told.
benjet is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-20-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

I also took a Judging class in April, last week I just got the badge and #22782. About a month ago I posted in the Judges forum of the WBBQA asking if anyone had received theirs yet, and another guy that took the class just got his #20073. Could be going alphabetically.

Puppyboy-Have you received a Bullsheet yet?

Brian
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-21-2007, 08:53 AM   #6
jminion
is one Smokin' Farker

To tie everyone to the Data Base CBJ numbers has been linked to membership numbers.
WSM
Primos
Klose
couple of Ranch kettles
jminion is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-21-2007, 09:26 AM   #7
LindaM
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurycea View Post
I've seen a couple that didn't have numbers. They were both MCBJs and I was told that they renumber you when you get the master so they might have had normal CBJ numbers. I really don't understand the CBJ numbering. I took a class in April 06 and I'm in the 9000's and I've met people who took a class in April 07 who are in the 20,000's. I figured they skipped the teens, but I saw someone this weekend with a 16,000. If they added 10,000 CBJs in a year the Bullsheet would be nothing but listings of classes and new members.
Jerry and I are 1968 and 1972 and we've been around for 11 years.

Dr. Hofman I believe is about 64 I think
LindaM is offline   Reply With Quote