Throwdown On The River-Sep-2/3, 2007 --Dubuque Iowa.

I'll be there with my girls. They are very excited about the water park...

Scottie

I was just purusing their web site and I see they're selling judges spots.
For $2500 you get one judging seat
For $5000 you get two!!!
Good luck fellas
ModelMaker

For $5000 you get two!!!
Good luck fellas
ModelMaker

Well I talked to them yesterday and went ahead and entered, what was I thinking. Anyway I made 24 teams with my entry and they are cutting it off at 30, or so they say. If they are selling tables for that kind of money then I don't think there will be many CBJs, so I'll cook for the masses. :icon_smil
Dave

I'll be there with my girls. They are very excited about the water park...

Scottie

Scottie how far is the drive for you to Dubuque Ia? I am just under 400 miles, well make that just over 400 miles after I have gotten lost a couple times.

I will leave early Friday and spend the night some ware and roll in the parking lot early Saturday. I wasn't thinking about it being the holiday and most likely wont be able to get a room any ware so will sleep along the road.
Dave

Dubuque was a 2 1/2 hour trip for me last year. The NW part of Illinois is real pretty and I enjoy this drive.

I was going to talk to Steve and find out if we can pull in on Friday night, if not, I will find a spot to park the rv on the way out...

It looks like a good contest and some top notch teams are coming as well.

Scottie

Dubuque was a 2 1/2 hour trip for me last year. The NW part of Illinois is real pretty and I enjoy this drive.

I was going to talk to Steve and find out if we can pull in on Friday night, if not, I will find a spot to park the rv on the way out...

It looks like a good contest and some top notch teams are coming as well.

Scottie

Just talked to Steve today. The contest is now closed for new entry's at 30 teams did not ask who the other 3 teams are and dang it I forgot to ask about the Friday night pull in thing. See ya there.
Dave
Tuff Rub

Ulcer Acres will be there and looking forward to it. Planning on getting up north Friday night and then the big splash on Saturday.

For $5000 you get two!!!
Good luck fellas
ModelMaker

Wow, for $5000 you get two judges AND a BBQ Team. I wonder if you can get a whole table full of judges and a BBQ Team for $10k? A little "marking" and you'd be set. :roll:

I can't believe that KCBS allows contest organizers to "sell" judging spots.
:eek:

http://partners.dubuque365.com/throwdown/index.html

Back