Rick's Tropical Delight

this was really good!

legoflamb-035.jpg

legoflamb-015.jpg

legoflamb-047.jpg

legoflamb-039-1.jpg

legoflamb-048.jpg

legoflamb-049.jpg

Do tell about the pineapple. Did you glaze it? What's the sauce?

After a weekend of Rick's pictures I am feeling particularly inadequate as far as my Qing skills are concerned.

You are indeed amazing. Keep posting...

After a weekend of Rick's pictures I am feeling particularly inadequate as far as my Qing skills are concerned.

i know what yer saying. I grilled a mess of stuff today and as i was about to take a pic i put the camera down

Do tell about the pineapple. Did you glaze it? What's the sauce?

that's a dr bbq recipe with 1/2 cup dark brown sugar & 2 ounces of pusser's rum. i saved the extra marinade and put it in the bottom of the platter for some fresh rum flavor...

yo, ho, ho!
times flies when you're having rum!
aargh.gif

That's it Rick...

I'm gonna need to get my wife to talk to some higher up's at her company, Nikon, to get you to fly into Long Island and do a presentation on the art of food photography... and become an official photographer for Nikon or something. My wife sat though a presentation of a Nikon photographer who takes pictures of trees. Big Deal...

and then you can cook for all the LI Brethren.... We'll dig up a BGE somewhere for you... We just have Spicewine's, Klose's, Lang's and WSM's here...

That's it Rick...

I'm gonna need to get my wife to talk to some higher up's at her company, Nikon, to get you to fly into Long Island and do a presentation on the art of food photography... and become an official photographer for Nikon or something. My wife sat though a presentation of a Nikon photographer who takes pictures of trees. Big Deal...

and then you can cook for all the LI Brethren.... We'll dig up a BGE somewhere for you... We just have Spicewine's, Klose's, Lang's and WSM's here...

I year ya, Vin!! What always impresses me about Rick's pictures is that the focus and lighting are always perfect!

ALRIGHT RICK, do you have all these pictures stored somewhere, and bring it out to tease us every week??!!!! lol... I mean, I would be 400 lbs if I cooked like that every week!:p
Great job, as usual!

You BASTIGE!! :lol:

At this point, compliments sound inadequate. So from now on I will just say DITTO since I can't think of any compliments that I haven't already said.:lol:

I'm with Vinny, call Nikon!!:-D

BTW what was on the tomato?

I can taste Captain Morgans Private Stock on that pineapple!!:lol:

ALRIGHT RICK, do you have all these pictures stored somewhere, and bring it out to tease us every week??!!!! lol... I mean, I would be 400 lbs if I cooked like that every week!:p
Great job, as usual!

hahaha! you're seein em as i cook em, mon! :biggrin:

actually, i am losing weight, believe it or not!

I thought I'd have a few days to bask in my lamb photo glory, but no... Here comes Rick to show everyone how little I know about taking a good photo!

I love grilled pineapple... but not with ice cream... The rest looks fantastic. Next time you show me up, I think I deserve an invitation over to try the food!

I thought I'd have a few days to bask in my lamb photo glory, but no... Here comes Rick to show everyone how little I know about taking a good photo!

I love grilled pineapple... but not with ice cream... The rest looks fantastic. Next time you show me up, I think I deserve an invitation over to try the food!

heheh... it's just that the lighting is better over here cause i'm closer to the sunset, yo :shock:

would it help if i told you i shot all those in automatic mode and macro mode and that i took 60 pix during that cook and got a few good ones?

do you want to see some of the worst? just resized and unedited? hahaa

p.s. whipped cream, not ice cream :biggrin:

No, it wouldn't help.... I still want that invitation! :) Don't you recognize a guilt trip when you see one???

Yea i feel the same way. But it sure looks good:cool:

Think you should host a bash and do all the cooking. Let me know when so I can bring my bib.

Think you should host a bash and do all the cooking. Let me know when so I can bring my bib.

i'll be here all weekend then to the bristol night race next week. i get my large egg this monday and i've lined up my first gig at my friends bar, the end of september, a private party dealeo :biggrin:
whooofarkin hoo

Back