|Our HomePage||Recipes||Smoke Signals Magazine||Welocme||Merchandise||Associations||Purchase Subscription||Brethren Banners|
|Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.|
|07-22-2007, 06:23 PM||#1|
is One Chatty Farker
Join Date: 02-26-07
Location: ADA, MI
Question about" What's Your Beef" Catagory
Planning on entering this at our next comp. My question is can it be anything that has beef in it such as(6 mini) smoked beef enchiladas?? Or does it have to be "Beef Steak" in six individual portions with whatever kind of garnish you want. Sorry if this is a dumb question, Iv'e never done one of these before.
“What’s Your Beef?” Rules and Regulations
1. A team representative is required to attend the Cooks’ Meeting to be held on Friday, August 17, at
2. Each team will have a chief cook and as many assistants as necessary. Teams will provide all equipment
and supplies needed for competition, and all cooking must be done within the confines of the assigned
cooking space. Everything the team uses must not exceed the boundaries of the team's assigned cooking
3. Cooking units are limited to “any grill or smoker.” Fuel source is limited to wood, wood products, and/or
4. Prior to cooking, the meat must be inspected by the contest's Official Meat Inspector and it must be raw
and non-marinated or seasoned, and chilled at 40 degrees or less.
5. Any garnish or condiments may be used. However, entire entry must be presented in the container provided
(9 1/2” x 10 1/2” styrofoam large, single-compartment) with assigned number placed on outside of
6. Note Change of Rule: Beef steak(s) must be submitted in at least six (6) separated and identifiable
portions of meat in the container. Table Captains will not carve the meat. Judges will be provided
7. Judging times will be posted. Entries must be submitted on schedule. The allowable turn in time will be
five (5) minutes before to five (5) minutes after the posted time.
8. KCBS blind judging procedure, criteria, and scoring system will be used. Entries will be scored in areas of
appearance, tenderness/texture and taste. However, only the beef product itself will be judged for tenderness/
texture and taste, regardless of what else accompanies the entry.
9. It is the Chief Cook’s responsibility to see that the team's cooking space is kept clean. Thorough clean-up
is required. Coals and/or ash must be put in containers provided by the contest.
10. Sanitizing of work area should be implemented with use of a bleach/water rinse.
11. The decision and interpretation of the rules are at the discretion of contest organizers.
Smokin' Scotsmen BBQ
Geer Pit by Jambo
WEBER GENISES GAS GRILL
Bacon & eggs - Hens are involved but pigs are commited.
|07-22-2007, 07:15 PM||#2|
somebody shut me the fark up.
Join Date: 01-23-04
Location: DFW, San AntonioTx
I'd check with the organizer.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. --Frank Zappa
BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!!!
Recipient of a Huggies box!
Shut up, and cook!!!!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Question about "Angus" Beef. Not CAB||JohnMcD348||Q-talk||3||09-10-2006 03:24 PM|
|Question "Split" from the "Judges Tent"||The_Kapn||Competition BBQ||19||08-16-2004 10:57 PM|