"Lazy Man Meals" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, Dec. 13th!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Lazy Man Meals!"

R36OE5r.jpg

As chosen by Moose for winning the "Nachos" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

Moose said:
Mastermind a culinary creation using store bought/premade food items!

These can include things like:
Pre-marinated or pre-seasoned meats, preformed meat patties
Canned vegetables, soups, sauces, and gravies
Canned biscuits & premade doughs
Shredded cheeses
Frozen foods(entrees and sides)

No homemade sauces or marinades - your entrée (or most of it) must be premade! You can, of course, doctor up your creation with items you already have on hand.
Let’s see what kind of Lazy Man Meal you can cook up!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 11/26 through Monday 12/13.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 12/13.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Great idea for a theme.... Let's see.

Tombstone pizza.
Bag of pre breaded chicken wing parts, Buffalo flavor.
Tater tots with Jalapeno Tex Mex Cheez Whiz
Carrot and celery sticks (pre-cut and pre-washed)
Wish-Bone Ranch dressing.
Pre-mixed tall-boy of Budweiser/Chelada with picante.
Popsicles (assorted pack)

I hope Mrs ~t~ has some coupons.... :rolleyes:

Great idea for a theme.... Let's see.

Tombstone pizza.
Bag of pre breaded chicken wing parts, Buffalo flavor.
Tater tots with Jalapeno Tex Mex Cheez Whiz
Carrot and celery sticks (pre-cut and pre-washed)
Wish-Bone Ranch dressing.
Pre-mixed tall-boy of Budweiser/Chelada with picante.
Popsicles (assorted pack)

I hope Mrs ~t~ has some coupons.... :rolleyes:

In terms of pizza, I'd be more inclined to pick a DiGornio over a tombstone, but that's just me. The possibilities are many with this Throwdown. Hope Smitty jumps in on this one, as he was the inspiration, with a little nudging from Ron_L. :clap2:

In terms of pizza, I'd be more inclined to pick a DiGornio over a tombstone, but that's just me. The possibilities are many with this Throwdown. Hope Smitty jumps in on this one, as he was the inspiration, with a little nudging from Ron_L. :clap2:

Hehehee. I guess I relate Tombstone as the laziest pizza because when I was a little boy take-out pizza was available.... but Tombstone supplied little silver pizza ovens to beer joints that stocked their frozen pizza. My Grandfather would sometimes bring a frozen one home and he would bake it, then move it to the broiler for the final crisp up.

Hehehee. I guess I relate Tombstone as the laziest pizza because when I was a little boy take-out pizza was available.... but Tombstone supplied little silver pizza ovens to beer joints that stocked their frozen pizza. My Grandfather would sometimes bring a frozen one home and he would bake it, then move it to the broiler for the final crisp up.

Tombstone: The Final Crisp-Up. Guess they left those scenes out of the film...:laugh:

Would a store bought, pre cooked whole chicken, shredded up for enchiladas count?

I'm thinking smoked chicken enchiladas with pre shredded cheese and canned sauce doctored up with HDD, canned Chipotle's in adobo sauce and baked indirect on the kettle.

Maybe garnished with a little onion and cilantro for the token fresh ingredient, and topped with canned salsa.

Does previously made 'que that's hanging out in the freezer count as pre-made (as an ingredient), or does it need to be "came with a UPC barcode" pre-made?

Would a store bought, pre cooked whole chicken, shredded up for enchiladas count?

I'm thinking smoked chicken enchiladas with pre shredded cheese and canned sauce doctored up with HDD, canned Chipotle's in adobo sauce and baked indirect on the kettle.

Maybe garnished with a little onion and cilantro for the token fresh ingredient, and topped with canned salsa.

Does previously made 'que that's hanging out in the freezer count as pre-made (as an ingredient), or does it need to be "came with a UPC barcode" pre-made?

I gave a little leeway for situations like this by stating that at least the majority of your entry be made from pre-made items.

And speaking of Lazy Man.... let's say I pay the kid next door to do the actual cooking, and I sit on the porch drinking beer and supervising..... can I still legally enter?:laugh:

Well, that would be interesting to watch unfold...:tsk:

I don't See any entrys.........

That's because there aren't any, yet. It just started a few days ago.. it takes a few days at the very least for folks to figure out their strategy, getting shopping lists ready, going to the store, and then cooking. You can be the first one if you like!

I'm too lazy for strategy, shopping lists and going to the store. Here we have Pierce tempura battered chicken nuggets and Lamb Weston Private Reserve 1/4" skin-on fries done in a 240v Wells F-49 fryer that holds 2 gallons of oil. Sauce is Chick-fil-A Polynesian.

Last edited:
***MODERATOR"S NOTE: ***

Folks, just a quick reminder that this, like every Throwdown, requires that your entry, or a significant part of your entry be grilled or smoked, per rule #4:

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]4. Entries must be grilled or smoked during the cooking process, or must prominently feature grilled or smoked ingredients which you prepared. Photos of your food on the grill or smoker are encouraged but not required (we love action shots). Using a gas grill is perfectly acceptable, unless a particular category requires the use of a wood or charcoal cooker. Additionally, other forms of wood or gas cooking are fine, which would include a wood fired fireplace (indoor or outdoor), a firepit(gas or wood fired), and other gas/propane powered cookers like pizza ovens, flat tops, and griddles.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]If you are unsure about the rules before entering, they can be found here:[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135049[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Thanks!
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

***MODERATOR"S NOTE: ***

Folks, just a quick reminder that this, like every Throwdown, requires that your entry, or a significant part of your entry be grilled or smoked, per rule #4:

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]4. Entries must be grilled or smoked during the cooking process, or must prominently feature grilled or smoked ingredients which you prepared. Photos of your food on the grill or smoker are encouraged but not required (we love action shots). Using a gas grill is perfectly acceptable, unless a particular category requires the use of a wood or charcoal cooker. Additionally, other forms of wood or gas cooking are fine, which would include a wood fired fireplace (indoor or outdoor), a firepit(gas or wood fired), and other gas/propane powered cookers like pizza ovens, flat tops, and griddles.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]If you are unsure about the rules before entering, they can be found here:[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135049[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Thanks!
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Can you put that on a youtube?

Ooooppps - I was Too Lazy it seems - I used meat grilled and packaged by someone else.......... :loco:

This throwdown may be Too Much Work for me.............. :tsk:

Back