Road Trip

jgh1204

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Before I get serious about looking for a job, the wife and I are taking a long vacation.

Leaving here July 6th to head to Houston, then we leave July 8th for a 7 day cruise out of Galveston.

Then we head up to Athens for a few days to see my wife's family and then we head to Fort Worth to see mine and my mother's 75th birthday party.

Then down to SA for a few days at Sea World.

First real vacation we have had since our honeymoon 12 years ago.

We should be home in late July or when the money runs out.

Only in Texas.

Leave home for a month long road trip and never get out of your home state.:shock:

Have fun, enjoy your vacation. Be sure to spend some money on the Riverwalk in SA[or whatever they call it] I really like that place.

The problem with the riverwalk is that it is dang hot this time of year. Very little wind down there.

The basement of the Alamo is cooler though.

IF you have not been there yet, on the riverwalk try Dick's Last Resort. Not Q related, but it is a great place to eat. Last time I was there they had one of those games where you grab a stuffed animal with a hook, except the animals were live lobsters. If you got one out they would cook it for you for free. $2.00 a play.

Are you gonna be looking for good 'cue on the trip or are you looking for a vacation from that too?

I may try to hit some of the central Tx places like Smitty's other than that we wont be looking for too much que. I will be looking for chunk cherry and apple wood. Going to try to find Texas Smoke in Ennis.

Then we head up to Athens for a few days to see my wife's family and then we head to Fort Worth to see mine and my mother's 75th birthday party.
You and your mother are both 75??????:p

Have fun!:p

Have a great time! Look forward to the stories when you get back!

Back