Reubens...I love em...

SMOKE FREAK

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Around here we call this faux-strami since I use a store bought corned beef...

I like to soak it over night to reduce the saltiness and then I coat it heavily with CBP...That's all...works well with the salty meat...
Here it's on the Weber with some olive wood for flavor...

Smoke it up to 170 and into a pan with a rack in the bottom to keep the meat out of the liquid...Foil the pan and continue grilling till 205 internal...

Rested, chilled, and sliced thin as my POS slicer can do it...
No pics I guess...

Built my sandwiches and heated them one at a time on the griddle on the grill...

And this looks good enough to eat...
Darn sure filled my belly...

Nothing too special but a damn good sandwich...

Thanks for taking a look...

Last edited:
Thank you Joe...

I made some extras so my wife and I could eat them again for lunch...

It is hard to beat a good Reuben. Yours looks really good. I only use store made corned beefs, since my refrigerator is almost always too full to store big containers with brining meat. Tastes pretty real to me though! I once had some pastrami at a bbq restaurant, and although it was good enough, lacked a lot of yumminess compared to how I make it at home.

Reubens are great and that one looks legit.

Making me think about investing in a meat slicer.

Think I will have wife use my pastrami in the panini machine next time instead of her regular meat. I have couple backstraps and some gator meat brining this week. We've never made Reubens, but looks like we need to.

My favorite sandwich. Yours looks great I still to try that faux strami sometime

Lol I just did this exact thing yesterday. The only thing better than a rueben is............two ruebens!

Back