The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 05-12-2007, 01:46 AM   #1
FatDaddy
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Question Paul Kirk cooking class McKinney Tx 6/9/07

Anyone gonna goto this it is June 9th 2007. If so do ya have any info on price? or location?

Home made 5' reverse flow smoker
Lg BGE
WSM 18.5
WSM 22.5
Weber Kettle 22 1/2" silver series
Weber Copper Smokey Joe Gold 14.5"
GPS trackable RED super fast thermopen

http://www.facebook.com/jtempleton2

FatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-12-2007, 07:43 AM   #2
bowhnter
is Blowin Smoke!

Here ya go...

http://baron-of-bbq.com/Pitmasters.htm

http://www.barbecuenews.com/forum/to...e&TOPIC_ID=910

http://www.kcbs.us/FormattedClassLis...ng_classes.jsp

Primo Oval XL
Weber 18" One Touch
The Fastest Thermapen
bowhnter is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-12-2007, 08:08 AM   #3
DeezQ
Knows what a fatty is.

I took this last year. I believe it was $225-250. You go out early in the morning and get your site set up ( Pit, table, Canopy...). They will provide the meat as part of the cost. Personally, it was not exactly what I was looking for. This is more of a prep class. There was no actual hands on cooking instruction. I don't even think Paul made it outside. But if you are looking for a good preperation class for comps, this may be for you. He will go over picking out meat, trimming, rubs, sauce. You will also go over making a rub and make one of your own as well. You will start out with Brisket. He will go over that lesson and then you will go out and put it on your pit. Come back in and go over ribs, butt's and chicken. I did have a good time but maybe I was just looking for something different. Last year it was at a City Park but think that it may be at the Host's house this year. And they usually have a meet and greet on Friday night with the host and Paul as well.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Backwoods Extended Party, [/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype]UDS, [/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Weber Kettle 22.5 (x 2), [/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Gasser, Orion Cooker, [/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype]24x48 Custom Griller, [/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Turkey Fryer x 2, [/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Small BGE, ECB, Char Broil Double Chef[/FONT]
DeezQ is offline   Reply With Quote