MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Bashes

Notices

Brethren Bashes Bash Notes, Information on up and coming, Bash Bites.. etc..

Old 11-11-2018, 06:34 PM   #1
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Dennis
Default Anyone up for a 2019 Spring Carolina Bash?

Yep peer pressure. Since everyone else is planning a Spring Bash already, I guess I should too!

So let's start thinking about spring. I'm totally open with dates and even locations to help boost attendance. I would prefer a location with campsites near by so I can stay in the travel trailer since Gretta will be in attendance.

So what say ye Brethren! Open to all suggestions!
BUBBA GRILLS 250r, CharGriller Akorn, 1.5 uds, 28in Blackstone, Blackstone Tailgater, Weber Mastertouch Slate Blue, Weber Copper Performer Premium, Weber 26er, Weber Jumbo Joe, and a set of Octoforks!

GOOD FOOD GOOD TIMES AND GOOD FRIENDS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! THE BBQ BRETHREN BASHES!
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Blythewood BBQ'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->

Old 11-11-2018, 09:56 PM   #2
ronbrad62
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Ron

Since that will be the closest distance for me to attend one, and if the stars line up, I would love to attend. Will keep watching this thread for info.
ronbrad62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 11-12-2018, 12:23 AM   #3
Stingerhook

Name/Nickname : Marty

Gonna put this on the radar Dennis.

UDS now gone, WSM 18", WSM 22" and pellet pooper in the garage for 18 months now.
Stingerhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:33 AM   #4
AbbyBarnes
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Abby

I'd love to come too, will keep an eye on the thread!
AbbyBarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:53 AM   #5
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

We usually have it at Dreher Island State Park on beautiful Lake Murray in central SC. They have covered pavilions and also a big building with kitchen that can be rented. We always have gotten one of the picnic shelters since the building holds up to 100 people. The shelters have power and water spigots. The date has been the last weekend of April, but as I stated we can change that. There are large parking lots by most of the shelters that we do the cooking in. Toss out some dates that might work for you and we will see how it falls. As previously stated location can be changed also!
BUBBA GRILLS 250r, CharGriller Akorn, 1.5 uds, 28in Blackstone, Blackstone Tailgater, Weber Mastertouch Slate Blue, Weber Copper Performer Premium, Weber 26er, Weber Jumbo Joe, and a set of Octoforks!

GOOD FOOD GOOD TIMES AND GOOD FRIENDS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! THE BBQ BRETHREN BASHES!
Old 11-12-2018, 05:55 AM   #6
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

https://southcarolinaparks.com/dreher-island

Here's a link to Dreher Island State Park

Old 11-12-2018, 08:06 AM   #7
Lighter-Fluid
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Bill

Dreher Island is a beautiful place. If there's any way we can we'll be there!
Old 11-12-2018, 04:20 PM   #8
ronbrad62

Name/Nickname : Ron

I will go ahead and throw out April 6th. It is our Spring Break week and I usually take that week for vacation. We can use that as a starting point and go from there.
ronbrad62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:44 PM   #9
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbrad62 View Post
I will go ahead and throw out April 6th. It is our Spring Break week and I usually take that week for vacation. We can use that as a starting point and go from there.
I'm cool with that. I shouldn't be on call that weekend and actually have a couple weeks before and after for cushion if something changes with the rotation. We have a pretty tight group so someone would probably switch weekends with me if it changed and my on call weekend fell that weekend. We'll give it a few days and decide. Sound off everyone!

Old 11-12-2018, 07:20 PM   #10
WilliamKY
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : William

My son and I camped at Santee State Park and Patriots Point a few years ago. I would love to visit SC again.
Weber 26
WGA
Old Smokey Electric.
Go Cards!
WilliamKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:22 PM   #11
LYU370

Not sure yet if I can make any of the out of state bashes next year. But as long as it's not the same weekend as the Texas Bash. Wouldn't want to have to pick between the two. I think they were talking about late March or early April.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:37 PM   #12
Joe Black
Babbling Farker

Dennis, what can I say. I can plan and everything else and wind up not being able to get around on Saturday morning. However, I have a couple of new doctors that seem to have a handle on what I need. So, maybe we can make some progress by April.

Thanks a lot, Joe
Joe Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:58 PM   #13
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
Dennis, what can I say. I can plan and everything else and wind up not being able to get around on Saturday morning. However, I have a couple of new doctors that seem to have a handle on what I need. So, maybe we can make some progress by April.

Thanks a lot, Joe
No worries Joe! If we have it at Dreher Island I plan on moving the shelter to #10. It is almost right beside the road and easier to get to than the last ones. It will definitely help people with mobility issues. Not quite as good of a view as the others, but definitely an easier walk.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:58 PM   #14
Happy Hapgood

Name/Nickname : Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post

Thanks a lot, Joe

Joe IF I can drive 1000 miles to visit my Beloved SC again, sure hope you can make it. That goes for Patattack too!

Hope it does not coincide with the Texas or maybe even Bayou Bashes. Hope it's done before the weather gets too hot.
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:03 PM   #15
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamKY View Post
My son and I camped at Santee State Park and Patriots Point a few years ago. I would love to visit SC again.
Nice William! I learned how to ride a bike at Santee State Park without training wheels. Hope we can work it out so you can attend!