Pork Tenderloin and Grilled Artichokes

robert-r

is Blowin Smoke!
Dry brined a Pork Tenderloin with K salt for several hours, rinsed it off well and rubbed it with a mix of ground coffee, brown sugar, cinnamon and cracked black pepper.

Built a fire with a base of RO lump and many splits of PNW cherry in the Performer topped with the Caliente grill attachment.

WKgoc9r.jpg

Cooked the tenderloin direct, no lid and turned every 5 minutes or so.

QBk5SXj.jpg

Kept adding splits as necessary to maintain a hot fire.

GLuQcOu.jpg

Began grilling the chokes (parboiled - lightly oiled and dusted with K salt and coarse ground black pepper) at the 17 minute mark.

J7MnlZj.jpg

Pulled the tenderloin when it reached an internal temp of 135* - around 20 minutes into the cook. Tented with foil and rested while the chokes continued to cook.

Chokes, flipped after 10 minutes face down. Grilled another 4 minutes to heat through.

WIiv3fC.jpg

Cut a few medallions...

WK3Tmqp.jpg

Time To Eat!!!

ITap9Wn.jpg

The flame kissed tenderloin was great! It had a real nice flavorful crust and the meat was moist and tender. The artichokes were super.
This was one of my better cooks of late - quite pleased with the dinner. About the only thing I would do different would be to start the chokes about 5 minutes earlier.
And maybe pull the meat at 130*.

Last edited:
Very nice It has been a while since I have had chokes How long did you grill them and par boil

Thank you! Parboiled 20 minutes with K salt, coarse ground black pepper, a couple of minced garlic cloves, zest and juice of 1 lemon. Cut in half and chokes removed. Lightly oiled with evoo and dusted with K salt and coarse ground black pepper. Grilled face down 8-10 minutes. Flip and grill for another 4 minutes or so to warm through.

Wow, that looks absolutely spectacular! Great crust on that tenderloin and grilled to perfection. I've never had grilled artichokes (only breaded in the oven, too many years ago), thanks for the recipe. I'll definitely have to give them a go.

You knocked it out of the park on this one, superb job!!

-Dom

Back