Terrell Texas

tony76248

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Congrats to all the Brethren who cooked this weekend. A big congrats to DeeZ for taking a walk. You earned it bro, great job on that chicken.

Congrats to DeeZ on the walk in the chicken. I think he's got that category pretty much nailed. It was great to see you guys again. See ya down the road.

Congrats to DeeZ on the walk in the chicken. I think he's got that category pretty much nailed. It was great to see you guys again. See ya down the road.

You have a point there. I can't help but look over his shoulder. I actually cooked about the best chicken I could at Terrell last weekend. At least now I know what they are not looking for. Deez has shared with me his process, I was looking for my own......sigh.....I'll keep looking but will definitely be leaning in his direction. I'll leave it at that.....for now.

Hey ya'll,
I cooked in Terrell this last weekend too. It was my first cook-off and we took 10th place in Ribs(Local). My chicken didn't even make to the final tabel though. It was probably the best looking and best tastin' bird I ever cooked. I need a lil' assistance with both if I'm going to keep doing this. Any help would be appreciated including a heads up on any local BBQ cook-off's in the DFW area. Thanks

Check out this website. IBCA was the sanctioning body at the Terrell cookoff. You can also google lone star bbq and they sanction events locally as well. They are actually having an event in Meunster this weekend.

Congrats on your good showing in Terrell. It just takes practice and knowing what the local judges are looking for. Ninth place brisket in the local divison tasted like lighter fluid though. Therefore I have to question the judges in Terrell. If you know who turned that in tell them congrats too........then scratch your head and wonder why you didn't place any higher. If you know the judges give them a kick in the pants for me too. :icon_shy

Back